Mini Cooper Forum banner

JCW Pro Exhaust on a 2018 MCS

Tags
exhaust jcw
5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  MKLight 
#1 ·
Hi,

I’ve recently bought myself a 2018 Mini Cooper S. I’m wanting to put the JCW Pro Exhaust on it and wondered if this would still be possible? Would I be able to fit the exhaust or would I have to have it tuned too? Has anyone had any experience with the JCW Pro Exhaust on a Cooper S and could tell me whether it’s worth it and how much of a difference it makes to the sound of the car?

Best,
Will

#2 ·
You want to speak to Robby vrs. He has the cooper s 210 with the jcw pro exhaust. I know there are a few known issues with the pro exhaust, mainly around losing Bluetooth connectivity so be careful with what you get.
I personally went for the standard JCW on my cooper s and if your after more pops and bangs. The standard JCW exhaust will give you that

#3 ·
Hi
Yes i have the Cooper S Works 210 which came with the Pro exhaust as part of the upgrade (Tune + exhaust).
The exhaust will fit without a remap with no issues at all, you'll love the noise it makes (plenty of vids on youtube) and the ability to close the flap from the button switch makes it great if you need it quiet for early morning/ late night driving so you don't annoy your neighbours :)

You might get lucky as some dealers have left over systems in stock otherwise you're looking at used ones which people overcharge for. I've seen owners paying £800 for a new system from a dealer and others paying £1k for a used 1.

If you're buying used make sure it's working properly as some owners disconnected the module so the flap stayed open all the time due to the module (computer that picks up bluetooth signal from remote fob to open/close flap) being faulty.
The early modules had interference problems and would either close the flap randomly or not work at all. To check if a used system has an early module there will be a number on a label on top, if it says 15V it's an early version, if it says 17V it's the updated version.

In eco mode the exhaust is as quiet as a standard S system, in mid it's similar with some slight pops on over run and in sports mode when warmed up over 4k on downshifts/ over run it pops and bangs (y)
The main reason for getting my car was it had the exhaust fitted and as the later LCi models aren't compatible with the Pro system due to the GPF i wouldn't trade it in for a newer model.

I'm assuming yours is the pre LCi model without the GPF (mine is March 2018 pre LCi)

#5 ·
100% worth it.

I paid 1300 fitted a couple of years ago. Buying new gives you two years warranty as well so makes sense since it isn't a throwaway item.

If you are able to I'd recommend finding someone to show you in real life or try a dealer that has one fitted on one of their cars.

#12 ·
#14 · (Edited)
I have a 2019 F55 Cooper S. It was too quiet for me and I was missing my previous 2013 R56 Cooper S with stock exhaust. The difference the JCW Pro Exhaust with Tune made a huge difference in fun factor. Green Mode even has its advantages as I can feel it coast a lot further and still sounds good. Mid mode is good and is middle of the road in everything. Sport Mode and Sport+ Mode make it feel more like my R56S. I love it. I usually open the exhaust for the “soundtrack” and haven’t used the radio much since getting it from the dealership about 3 weeks ago. It is definitely worth it. I was also able to get a good price. Before I upgraded the exhaust, I drove a 2020 F55 Cooper S loaner with the sport exhaust. I liked it a lot...the sounds were much better than on the stock exhaust. The tune makes it feel like a super car (well, seat of the pants super car...so it’s not quite a super car, but with the sounds, it makes you feel like it is). It is slightly quicker, but the experience makes it feel like more. Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.