Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New here, hope I'm not breaking any rules.

Have got a JCW hatch 2020 on order, expecting delivery around the end of June to mid-July at the minute.

I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket exhaust fitted, have already booked it in for the remap in August (298bhp), but undecided on the exhaust.

I've heard good things about the Remus and the JCW Pro, my only issue is, I'd love having the Bluetooth (to wind the wife up) but the dealership has told me they no longer do it as a dealer fit option, so would be doing it with my mate.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I might consider sticking with the factory exhaust for a few months.

Coming from an Abarth 595 Competizione with Titanium Monza exhaust, so no matter what, I'm expecting to be slightly disappointed in the sound, the pops and bangs will help!!!!

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
The Pro exhaust wont fit the LCi models (2019>) due to them having a GPF fitted.
Dealers wont modify them to fit either as that would make them illegal for road use as cars with GPFs fitted must have them in place for emissions so if you got stopped for a roadside check you'd fall foul and get a ticket. The car would also fail an MOT if it was removed therefore invalidating your insurance.

A lot of JCW owners do a mid box delete which give the pops and bangs, of course this is permanent so you can#t switch it back to being quiet but it isn't boy racer loud and give character. Unfortunately cars with the GPF are still restricted sound wise and some owners still say the car sounds the same with the delete done and the only option for more noise is to remove the GPF which then means having it mapped out so you don't get the dash warnings.
As you're planning on a remap in the future that would be a good time to combine both if you have your mind set on a GPF delete.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Look to Cobra Sport, they have few options for the new JCW 2020

I got a JCW 2020 and the sound is bad, no pop and bang :(

I'm waiting to take a decision if I will keep this car or buy an older version

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
I need to see a video clip of this exhaust to make me an idea

PS : I wrote to the owner of this exhaust and this is not compatible for the moment with the new JCW with FAP/PPF/GPF
It could be made to fit but you wouldn't get the same noise as the pre LCi cars due to the GPF.
You could get the GPF removed but it would also need mapping out so you don't get the dash warnings and fault codes but you would run the risk of voiding your warranty and it would fail it's MOTs when due

·
Registered
87 Posts
After those three years, I could remove the PPF/GPF :sneaky:

Yea but then comes the issue of MOT (not sure how it works in France). If they see the missing GPF they could fail the car. So you’d have to reinstall it for every time the car is tested then remove it again (and maybe code to remove dash warnings?).

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
689 Posts
I believe that in France it does not control the presence of GPF but only the level of particles.
The GPF filter is to control the particle - GPF= Gasoline Particle Filter
I know on diesels some owners "gut" the insides out and weld the outer case back up so when looking from under the car it's seen to be in place, maybe this will be the new mod for petrol cars with the GPF fitted? it would still need mapping out to stop the warning light/ fault codes though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Pro exhaust wont fit the LCi models (2019>) due to them having a GPF fitted.
Dealers wont modify them to fit either as that would make them illegal for road use as cars with GPFs fitted must have them in place for emissions so if you got stopped for a roadside check you'd fall foul and get a ticket. The car would also fail an MOT if it was removed therefore invalidating your insurance.

A lot of JCW owners do a mid box delete which give the pops and bangs, of course this is permanent so you can#t switch it back to being quiet but it isn't boy racer loud and give character. Unfortunately cars with the GPF are still restricted sound wise and some owners still say the car sounds the same with the delete done and the only option for more noise is to remove the GPF which then means having it mapped out so you don't get the dash warnings.
As you're planning on a remap in the future that would be a good time to combine both if you have your mind set on a GPF delete.
Thanks for the reply.

Disappointing to hear, I’ve driven the same model I’m getting and the sound is ok, loved the idea of the JCW pro with the Bluetooth.

I will probably leave it a few months and see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it’s a very good option for those who want keep the warranty and stay legal.

I wish I could do here in Spain.

Many thanks for sharing

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts

I got facelifted JCW last Dec. Contacted shop in Feb to get JCW PRO installed. (I had JCW PRO installed in my previous mini, which was F55 Cooper S.) Didn't realise that you can not get JCW PRO exhaust for it until that... Turned to Remus, just to learn the same. I recently found out about exhaust upgrade kit from Cobra Sport supportting LCI models. Does anyone have any experience on these? Soundbites they have on their page are from pre-facelifted CooperSs. Considering whether to try one of these (probably non-valved) or just to do the mid box delete.

Mini (Mk3) JCW (F56 LCI) Facelift 3" GPF Back Performance Exhaust
Mini (Mk3) Cooper S / JCW (F56 LCI) Facelift 3" Valved Cat Back Performance Exhaust

1 - 19 of 19 Posts