Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have an F56 MCS 15 plate.

Went in to stratstone hull today to order the JCW POR+ kit and was told the the system said it would not fit the car.

I have a stock F56 cooper s

Has any one else had this

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is it the JCW tuning kit that you are referring to - sports exhaust plus remap? If so, I'm surprised at the dealer's comments. Just had it fitted on my 2014 MCS with no problems. Try another dealer because it's totally worth it; transforms the car IMO

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am not sure if there are any difference with the UK market, but I have a euro version 2015 F56S to which I added the JCW Tuning Kit with exhaust and ecu remap shown below

http://www.motoringfile.com/2014/11/17/the-f56-jcw-tuning-kit-in-detail/

In addition to this, I have since added the NM Engineering tuner which has added more hp. Very happy with this setup.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Do you guys recon the exhaust would be worth while on a Cooper SD? I feel like nobody has tried it, not even to see what it sounds like... The stock exhaust only really pops upon upshifts in Sport Mode but sounds fairly beefy when a little heavy footed.

If anyone has done this I'd be excited to hear what it sounds like, been thinking of asking the dealership if it would fit but thought I'd get your opinions? Just the exhaust system not the tune.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it the JCW tuning kit that you are referring to - sports exhaust plus remap? If so, I'm surprised at the dealer's comments. Just had it fitted on my 2014 MCS with no problems. Try another dealer because it's totally worth it; transforms the car IMO
Yes that's the one, can't see why my cooper s would be any different to all the others. They just called me and said they would contact bmw and ask why the system is stating not available for my car. If this continues I will go to sennheiser, it's a better tune anyway

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that's the one, can't see why my cooper s would be any different to all the others. They just called me and said they would contact bmw and ask why the system is stating not available for my car. If this continues I will go to sennheiser, it's a better tune anyway
I meant schnitzer :eek:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Do you guys recon the exhaust would be worth while on a Cooper SD? I feel like nobody has tried it, not even to see what it sounds like... The stock exhaust only really pops upon upshifts in Sport Mode but sounds fairly beefy when a little heavy footed.

If anyone has done this I'd be excited to hear what it sounds like, been thinking of asking the dealership if it would fit but thought I'd get your opinions? Just the exhaust system not the tune.
I upgraded my stock exhaust with the JCW stock exhaust (so not the bluetooth JCW Pro) on my 2015 MCS and it sure makes a difference. It provides a much deeper tone and at 3500/4000 rpm it transforms into a howling bear.

A diesel will never sound like a petrol and 4000 rpm in a diesel is already quite high in the rpm range bit I'm sure it will add a little extra. Pops and bangs are amazing with the JCW when it's warmed up :D

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I upgraded my stock exhaust with the JCW stock exhaust (so not the bluetooth JCW Pro) on my 2015 MCS and it sure makes a difference. It provides a much deeper tone and at 3500/4000 rpm it transforms into a howling bear.

A diesel will never sound like a petrol and 4000 rpm in a diesel is already quite high in the rpm range bit I'm sure it will add a little extra. Pops and bangs are amazing with the JCW when it's warmed up :D
Yeah that's what I was thinking... You wouldn't really get the revs high enough the majority of the time to seek any benefit?

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts

Hey Brandon, I'm not sure you can use that exhaust on a Cooper SD. I thought diesels used a special style muffler..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you still get the remap with that?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hey Brandon, I'm not sure you can use that exhaust on a Cooper SD. I thought diesels used a special style muffler..
You may be right, I'm not sure... I've never looked in to modifying my car to that extent. I just wondered if I could get some more noise considering how fast it feels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anyone fitted the Remus exhaust and tune. If so it looks like you can fit a front silencer is this the case?

And does Remus void the mini warranty

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just had a call from stratstone hull and they have said that it will not fit my spec of cooper s but can not tell me why. Really annoyed about this there is no reason I can think that my MCS is different.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update, called mini direct and got put through to York, they checked every thing and found out it was a fault in the log and have said they can fit it. And they cost less than hull. I hope that it works out ok

·
Registered
375 Posts
Did you still get the remap with that?
No, just the JCW stock exhaust. The complete JCW tuning kit is not officially available in Belgium due to federal regulations on changed power output and emission. That's why MINI is not offering the complete kit. With just the exhaust the gain in power is neglectible. I did it just for the more sporty sound and regardless of what other may say I don't feel a change in performance or throttle response but the care sure does sound more "angry" :)

Because it is the JCW stock exhaust and not the complete system front to back they had to make some modifications because the tubes on a MCS are 60 mm and the tubes on the JCW are 70 mm but they used some kind of metal sleeve and did some welding to join all parts. I'm very happy with the results for the price of only 560€. Because the used parts are official MINI parts and the fitting was done by my MINI dealer there's also no impact on warranty etc.

The dealer however is working closely together with AC Schnitzer is case you want to remap your ECU but that may be something for me to consider in the future.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Contacted mini York coopers and they were brilliant. Could not be more helpful. Found the kit, confirmed it did fit my car, ordered it and arranged a date to fit it a week today and on top of that confirmed that my car was due a recall for crank shaft bearing replacements arranged me a courtesy car for two days and only charged me a deposit (stratstone hull wanted full payment up front). I will be buying my next car from coopers and be doing all future mods with them as well. If I hadn't already payed upfront for servicing I would not be going back to stratstone. Their after sailes is [email protected]:t.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts