Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've not seen any mention of this on the forum however I may be unaware as I've not searched for it...

My mum got a letter through today asking that the car be booked in ASAP for faults to the Auto Start/Stop settings with her JCW. Presume its simply a software update, I'll be sure to let you know when its been in.

She booked it in today and also let them know about her headlight faults, which was on another thread that none of you believed me about... But my DRL are brighter, just saying - anyway!

I'm sure all the JCW owners will soon be getting one of these letters, just a heads up.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You're full of good news Brandon! Do you have a black cloud hovering over you & your Mum?

Mine should be fine since it's never been activated from day one, and I don't ever intend to use it anyway, so if I get a recall it'll wait for my first oil change next summer!

I wonder if it only applies to automatic transmission JCW's?

John

Reactions: Emy-Lou and pjsjr13

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're full of good news Brandon! Do you have a black cloud hovering over you & your Mum?

Mine should be fine since it's never been activated from day one, and I don't ever intend to use it anyway, so if I get a recall it'll wait for my first oil change next summer!

I wonder if it only applies to automatic transmission JCW's?

John
I'm literally like the bearer of bad news everyday, life sucks... Or clearly the MINI's we are dealt with do.

My mum's JCW is stick shift so I would presume its across the board, but if your car isn't equipped with Start/Stop activated then I guess you won't need it. 0:)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm literally like the bearer of bad news everyday, life sucks... Or clearly the MINI's we are dealt with do.

My mum's JCW is stick shift so I would presume its across the board, but if your car isn't equipped with Start/Stop activated then I guess you won't need it. 0:)

LOL! Only kidding...things can always be worse! Keep the faith. My JCW is stick as well. I have that feature (as do all MINI's I believe). I just never activated the toggle and have never used it from before pulling out of the dealer lot.

Good luck with your steering wheel rub!

John

·
Registered
540 Posts
Perhaps the led lights go off over time ?

I doubt mine are as bright as they were this time last year,
and yes it's the only bit of the car I seem to clean this time of year, before any wise remarks

Oct 2014 build now on 15k

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I wonder if the DRL issue only affects JCW? No reason that all LED DRLs would not be affected?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hmm interesting. I picked mine up a week or so before your mum Brandon so will be keeping an eye on this thread. Haven't received anything yet ... mine too is a manual. Saw you thread ref the DRL brightness ... mine seem ok but then again I don't have anything to compare them to!

·
Super Moderator
8,831 Posts
Highly likely that only a few cars are affected in any recall-eg my seats, so they will be chassis specific recalls-dont panic yet!if in doubt ring your dealer and they will check for you!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm interesting. I picked mine up a week or so before your mum Brandon so will be keeping an eye on this thread. Haven't received anything yet ... mine too is a manual. Saw you thread ref the DRL brightness ... mine seem ok but then again I don't have anything to compare them to!
If you can see the dots in them they're not bright enough.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mum's car was in today, they fixed the re-call issue and they also said when my mum mentioned the dimness of the DRL that there was a marker on their system to rectify issues with the headlight units... I'm not sure whether it was JCW specific or not but they now function correctly, just to clarify seen as most people who posted on the thread about it didn't think there was an issue.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Glad she got things lined out...her JCW should be all ready for Spring now! :)

John

Reactions: brandonbardsley
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.