Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Conscious this may have been discussed before .......

Had my Cooper S on order since 23rd May, dealer telling me going to be built week 32 (Early August). Still at 1100 status so I can adjust spec if required.

Thinking of adding the JCW Sport Steering wheel to my spec which currently includes the normal sport steering wheel with the Chilli pack.

Is is significantly better?
Will changing my spec at this stage cause a build delay?

The official blurb on the JCW steering wheel states that it is thicker with perforated leather.

Help!
This waiting around and having a live configurator is **** on earth!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi,
Conscious this may have been discussed before .......

Had my Cooper S on order since 23rd May, dealer telling me going to be built week 32 (Early August). Still at 1100 status so I can adjust spec if required.

Thinking of adding the JCW Sport Steering wheel to my spec which currently includes the normal sport steering wheel with the Chilli pack.

Is is significantly better?
Will changing my spec at this stage cause a build delay?

The official blurb on the JCW steering wheel states that it is thicker with perforated leather.

Help!
This waiting around and having a live configurator is **** on earth!
I'm trying to remember who had the JCW wheel but I do remember I was gutted not adding it, too late for me but it did look incredibly sexy.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If you can adjust it Steve do - but it's gone up now from 50-75 £

I've tried both JCW all the way - I was discussing this with Milo as he mentioned he's gutted he didn't get it - but their is no point getting one aftermarket which you can but it will cost you best part of 400

So go for it - it's more chunkier holds better kind of like reminds me of my A5 steering wheel

Hope this helps

·
Registered
120 Posts
There is a f56 JCW Steering wheel for sale on EBay, new, unused for £375, it includes the airbag.

Problem with that one is it has paddle shift so unless you have the auto not worth buying as will end up with two redundant shift paddles. I would say add it get your dealer to check on the system if it will change build date before he submits it my dealer does this every time as not been able to stop myself adding a few more toys. Don't think such a small item will make much difference

·
Registered
340 Posts
I added the JCW steering wheel onto mine when it was still at 1100.

As I own a JCW currently, I know how good the steering wheel feels.

Add it, you won't regret it!

Reactions: Black&White_D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Decision made!

Took your advice, rang the dealer and now have the JCW steering wheel added, only an extra £75. Steal!

Dealer told me no build delay then rang me later that day with news my car has moved to status 1200.

Thunder Grey MCS Not long now ..............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.