Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have cooper s with JCW engine and exhaust kit. Now I want upgrade brakes and suspension. What do you think about that? Do I go for that or something else...aftermarket? Price for all that is about 4000€ in my Mini service.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now I have 17". Will they fit?
The wheels fitted to JCWs either 17/18 bow outwards slightly to cover the brakes, rather than the flatter versions of the same wheels sold on the Cooper S.

Reactions: deftronix

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello.

I have cooper s with JCW engine and exhaust kit. Now I want upgrade brakes and suspension. What do you think about that? Do I go for that or something else...aftermarket? Price for all that is about 4000€ in my Mini service.
I've reached the same point...after adding the JCW bits, NM Engineering chassis and tuning bits, the car could actually use a brake upgrade. Even though my Mini came with JCW 17" wheels, they don't accommodate the big brake kit, so swapping the brakes would require swapping the wheels as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello.

I have the same problem, I like my 17' diamond spokes as they are close to the original mini alloys so I don't want to change them but I don't think the jcw brakes will fit them, any one think spacers would work?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have done this myself,

with BBS 17" wheels, 7.5" wide no spacers required

Might have to start a thread

Have spare calipers and wheels if anyone is keen to give it ago

Reactions: deftronix
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.