Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am located in Miami FL, I have had my mini for 2 weeks and I already want the JCW Tuning Kit lol!

My local dealer is offering it to me already installed for 2169 US Dollars, is that too much for that kit or should I keep looking for other dealers?

· Registered
136 Posts
Hey guys,

I am located in Miami FL, I have had my mini for 2 weeks and I already want the JCW Tuning Kit lol!

My local dealer is offering it to me already installed for 2169 US Dollars, is that too much for that kit or should I keep looking for other dealers?
It is a good deal through a MINI dealer. I have seen a lower cost by an indy (Read the thread via the link above).

What is the breakdown of that cost (Parts, Labor)?

I am loving mine. It sounds super good. I only wish it was louder. I do not understand why the track mode is street illegal. Compared to the noise coming from those Harley Davidson motorcycles, it sounds like a cricket.

· Registered
615 Posts
I only wish it was louder. I do not understand why the track mode is street illegal.
I suspect this is more to do with noise regulations for newer cars so by having this disclaimer it allows them to sell it without intervening noise regulations (which I assume may have legal implications)...

That's why more and more modern sports cars now have artifical engine/exhaust noises pumped into the cabin via speakers electronically to try and stimulate those who want a sporty sounding car as they can't make the car louder than noise regulations allow for different regions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.