Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Decided to get the JCW tuning kit fitted next week, pending a phone call with the insurance.

Can people please share any price increases when notifying their insurer? I looked on confused.com and added a 0-10% bhp increase and none standard exhaust, my quote went from £1200 to something silly like £9000.

My insurer isn't listed on confused.com so will have to phone them Monday to get a quote.

Cheers
Ash

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well I'm in Canada... But I upgraded from a 2015 cooper S to a 2016 JCW and my insurance increased $20 for the year

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Just pays to shop around, insurance companies these days dont reward long term customers. Every year, shop around and you will save a small fortune.
With aftermarket additions especially performance modifications, they will sting you more but some will do it more than others based on their particular statistics of claims.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I contacted Admiral, they told me I had only one modification left available to use on my insurance. Apparently, all the factory fitted options I mentioned to them are classed as a 'modification'.

Anyways, after a 5 min discussion, the rep quoted me a reasonable £80 extra after finding the 'JCW Tuning Kit' on their system. Good job they had it bundled under one name, I wouldn't have been able to add remap, exhaust and badges :p

I'd be interested to hear other peoples price changes when declaring mods!

Ash

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.