Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to my fella JCW-ian,

We have some discussed about the performance figure in this forum but I have yet to see or find this.
I know this is rather an expensive kit and we have had dealers screwed up installing them and some of us not getting the proper tune.

Theoretically, JCW tune would have 240HP / 320NM on the Driving excitement. (Vehicle information, scroll to the bottom for Driving Excitement)

BUT the biggest question is, how much do you get when you do a full throttle ?
Because I'm only getting 210-220hp and 300NM all the time regardless of OVERBOOST or not.

OVERBOOST ? I assume we have overboost from 300 to 320 under 10seconds? Hence I believe we should be able to see the needle poke up to 320 given IF OVERBOOST ?

I've tried so many full throttle run and yet to see peaks up to 320 but remain at 300NM all the time.
(FYI: for HP side, it's 30 each bar ; and NM side, it's 40 each bar)

I would really like all the JCW-ian please try it out and we can all SHARE THE RESULT and see if we are on the same page.
Sometimes I just don't believe what is being quoted by the dealer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
1- Have you tried a different information source such as a different app? Like Torque? The data points in MINI excitement could be configured to take a reading in certain increments. If you are in over boost in-between these increments you may never see the peak number you are looking for.

2. Overboost occurs as the result of "urgency" applied to the pedal, and not necessarily how long you hold it down, or how far down you go, rather how fast you push the pedal down. Perhaps mash it a little harder?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I tried every possible way especially the urgency to the pedal but I'm still seeing a stagnant 300nm in regardless uphill downhill etc etc.
Rob, are you able to take it out for a few spin and see what reading from your end ? THANKS HEAPS

·
Registered
615 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it... As long as you have the change, you know the ecu remap is done :)

I personally don't waste my time looking at the excitement guage as it's more a distraction that anything,,, so the only thing that it was good for is to confirm the upgrade was done correctly as there is no other way of knowing without going to a dyno (butt dyno not always reliable)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts