Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Yes i am sure the auto has launch control too!

·
Registered
358 Posts
The auto does have launch control, however I've heard a couple times that people don't really feel it makes much difference! I'm still yet to try it out myself

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Just do a 2 footed start.

I've had 2 different Fiesta ST's try to prove they are quicker. They're not, and one almost stacked it trying to break too late into a roundabout. They don't go around corners as well either....

·
Registered
17 Posts
It seems as though the new shape Fiesta ST has become the new TDI Golf/Audi.

They ARE the fastest things on the road, and WILL beat everything else out there.

When I had my M135i it was pretty much as anonymous on the road as it is possible to be, and by enlarge it didn't attract any unwanted attention. But somehow Fiesta ST's had an inbuilt sixth sense and always, always tried to race!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm really quite surprised I haven't had anyone try and race me yet! Actually quite looking forward to taking on my first ST or Corsa VXR

·
Registered
320 Posts
I dont think most people understand what they are. When mine rolled into the office car park, the girls started crooning over it, the boys looked confused as it didnt have four pipes sticking out the back and a vw badge. Bit like an m-badged 318d. Apologies for stereotypes, just how it was.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Nice to embarrass them though .had a golf r32 that seemed to attract this sort of attention.i think they think youre driving a fake and want to test you out. Even had a Citroen picasso with a family and kids give me a signal and try and race me! Dont rise to the bait!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
We were running sweep on a 200+ mile 9 hour plus twist-o-thon last week and got cutoff by traffic for a short run on a 4 lane highway. As soon as we managed to get onto it I began attempting to pass and catch up with our group. There was a beautiful Porsche Macan in front of us and he was attempting to make some headway as well. After following him for several miles he saw the group and pulled into the right lane to let us pass. I kicked the mini and it really surprised him how fast we accelerated and we got a big smile and a thumbs up! We caught the group just prior to our exit onto our backroads journey again. We gave the Macan a big wave and and a thumbs up. Never underestimate the all powerful mini!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I 'raced' an Fiesta ST down the M5 slip road this morning..... I say raced, I just sat right on his arse with plenty of go left and he couldn't shake me. JCW = A LOT faster than Fiesta ST on motorway slip roads. Then thought, point proven, life's too short, backed right off before the merge and enjoyed my HK sounds at a nice steady 65-70mph cruise down to Swindon. :cool:

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
There used to be a guy with a Mk V GTi near me, and he must have tried to come past me about a dozen times if you include when I had the M135. In the Beamer I just used loads of power, braked later and hit the roundabout before he got there, with the JCW, I just go around the outside of him as we go round the roundabout. The F56 is just so stable in bends that his aging German lump can't compete.

Haven't seen him in a while, not sure if he's moved away, grown up, or learned that he can't win....

·
Registered
28 Posts
There used to be a guy with a Mk V GTi near me, and he must have tried to come past me about a dozen times if you include when I had the M135. In the Beamer I just used loads of power, braked later and hit the roundabout before he got there, with the JCW, I just go around the outside of him as we go round the roundabout. The F56 is just so stable in bends that his aging German lump can't compete.

Haven't seen him in a while, not sure if he's moved away, grown up, or learned that he can't win....
Hi mate just joined the forum. How's it going?

A Montune ST might be a slightly bigger fish to fry haha

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah a tuned ST would be a different bag altogether..... likewise Focus ST's arent too shabby...... Ifmine wasnt my daily drive 'business car' I'd look at doing some stuff to it. Just value my warranty etc. too much at the moment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Drove my bother in laws and really liked it. Good value for money but just doesn't have the same feel as a MINI for me. Bloody good car though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts