Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My first post so please go easy :)

I recently purchased a 2015 JCW. It had 18,000 kilometres on the odometer as the previous owner never had much time to drive the car. It was stored in his shed which allowed the car to have minimal wear.
I purchased the car to be my daily driver. I am fortunate enough to own a BMW M3cs which I wanted to keep as a car to use on special drives. Or so I thought. I have been so impressed by the JCW, that I have decided to part with my M3 all together as the JCW is so much fun.
Therefore, I have decided to customise and begin changes. I thought I would share my experience as I go along should anyone be interested.

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first changes have just been completed.

I decided to replace the stripes, blacken out the handles, fuel cap, chrome trim and badges. I also changed the front red bumper strip to black and headlight surrounds/tail light surrounds. The rear brake lights also slightly tinted.

Next plans are JCW Pro exhaust, re map and coil overs. I’m happy to keep posting updates should anyone be interested. Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nice car ;)

Your planned mods are what I refer to as "the essentials" for enhancing the sportiness for the JCW. I would encourage you to add an uprated intercooler to that list, in order for car to make better power for longer with lower EGTs.

Glad to hear your enjoying your pre-LCI JCW (they're the best ones for tuning)!

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
Lovely looing car! Enjoy.

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice car ;)

Your planned mods are what I refer to as "the essentials" for enhancing the sportiness for the JCW. I would encourage you to add an uprated intercooler to that list, in order for car to make better power for longer with lower EGTs.

Glad to hear your enjoying your pre-LCI JCW (they're the best ones for tuning)!
Thank you. Any suggestions for the Intercooler options?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thank you. Any suggestions for the Intercooler options?
Personally, I would (and did) choose a bar & plate 'cooler such as the Forge unit. Excellent thermal mass and build quality, ideal for road use, given it's location of the F56. Lifetime workmanship warranty and made in the UK.

Several others available, including Airtec (similar to the Forge) and NeoBros (tube & fin, less thermal mass and cheap).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hard to find long drives in Tassie I suppose.
I thought my 2015 was underused with 21k on it.
How do you find those tyres fitting in the guards?
Looks to be a 215/45/18, they look quite a bit taller than stock.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hard to find long drives in Tassie I suppose.
I thought my 2015 was underused with 21k on it.
How do you find those tyres fitting in the guards?
Looks to be a 215/45/18, they look quite a bit taller than stock.

The tyres on front are PS4 215/45/18. No problems at all. Hopefully this stays the same with the coil overs.

I can say that the ride is incredibly better vs the run flats. I was forced to change when driving the car back from Tasmania
to the boat I achieved a puncture. Run flat gave me 9 kilometres only before they totally let go driving at 40ks. I was only 4ks from the tyre shop and had to call a tow truck. Run flats are hopeless in my view. The only option I had were what I now have on the car. Brilliant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I've been keen to change mine over for ages as the RF tyres are so harsh.
Been toying with different sizes and I hadn't considered a slightly taller profile.
Good luck with the mods and welcome to the JCW club.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks awesome. Congratulations.

I took my JCW over to Tassie last year (just before lockdown 1.0). Spent 5 days touring the island. Some great roads in Tassie, hence Targa Tasmania ).

As your in VIC, come and check out clubmini.com.au. We hold regular drives throughout Victoria and we are a friendly bunch of MINI nuts.

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks awesome. Congratulations.

I took my JCW over to Tassie last year (just before lockdown 1.0). Spent 5 days touring the island. Some great roads in Tassie, hence Targa Tasmania ).

As your in VIC, come and check out clubmini.com.au. We hold regular drives throughout Victoria and we are a friendly bunch of MINI nuts.
I had a look at the site and it looks great. I would be keen to join you for a drive when the Mini is back on the road.

I am currently have the steering wheel changed to alcantara. My old M3 CS had this and I loved the feel. I can share pictures when done.

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have had the ECU remapped from "Flashtuned". I was hesitant at first, however Andy was brilliant. In short, Andy takes over my laptop and sends me a revised map after I have sent him my tune via a kit that he posted. It is around a three week process. The car did not leave the garage. The results are very noticeable. It is claimed to be up to 50 HP gain. I am unable to confirm as I have not completed a Dyno however I can really feel the torque.

Next stop, Intercooler, Coil Overs and Air intake....

·
Registered
507 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
2017 F56 JCW
29 Posts
So first you changed the stripes, and then removed the new ones, or are the pictures not following?

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your correct :). I first changed the stripes. I was not really that happy so I removed all together and wanted to re design. Now the car has been without I actually prefer no stripes.

I have also installed PS4 tyres all around and wheel spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 F56 JCW
29 Posts
:cool:
Could you post side by side the 3 pictures of the front of the car (original stripe / straight / none), and 3 pictures of the back, so that anyone who's looking for stripes could compare? ;)

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:cool:
Could you post side by side the 3 pictures of the front of the car (original stripe / straight / none), and 3 pictures of the back, so that anyone who's looking for stripes could compare? ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts