Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Junior is at the dealership! I pick him up on Friday :D :D :D

Been an epic 5 weeks since Fevio was written off

I know a lot of the forum regulars have been following the story - for the benefit of those who didn't know what happened, here's some photos of a nice shiny Fevio when I picked it up on 1st Sept

And here's what happened on 17th Sept when the navy blue Volkswagen of destruction crossed my path at a junction without looking first:

The police are prosecuting the other driver for Driving Without Due Care (it was her fault), and the insurers wrote off both cars, and because mine was under a year old and I was the first keeper, they gave me my invoice amount as a settlement. Obviously, the majority of it had to go to cover the finance first... the remainder was mine and - since I hadn't made any payments or accrued any interest - this was exactly equal to my deposit... putting me back to square one.

So, I went back to the dealer on 25th Sept and ordered Junior. My insurer also paid for a budget-grade Enterprise hire car whilst I was waiting for Junior - and for no particular reason here's some pictures of it - a Vauxhall [that's General Motors' brand in the UK for the Americans on the forum!] Corsa. It's awful... I mean truly awful. Highlights include a 1.2 litre non-turbo 89hp engine, rear drum brakes and two speakers. But as they say, beggars can't be choosers and it has faithfully gotten me to and from work, the supermarket and the city centre without complaint.

Will put a new thread up with some pics of Junior when I get my hands on him :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Junior will put a huge smile:D back on your face and he'll be even better now that you've experienced the dark side and driven a Vauxhall Corsa. just keep him away from all VW's.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew I forgot to add something to the post... the pics of the Corsa. Ah well, can't edit it so no point. Nobody would (or should) care anyway about that sorry affair of a motor :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you know if they ended up charging the other driver?

I called up the police station to get her name and address (as I didn't get chance to get it myself - as she was pregnant she was rushed off to hospital) and asked the officer who attended. He said she is being reported for Driving Without Due Care but may only end up with a driving improvement course rather than an actual fine. I just hope she and the baby were OK - no way of finding out as it is confidential info.

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Great news on the car. let's hope she and the baby are fine and she has learned her lesson the hard way-if that had been a motorbike- GULP; just fallen off mine so feeling a little tender!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.