Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 weeks of ownership, I have just found the G Force meter along with the other Mini Excitement gizmos.
Connect your iPhone to mini connected and start the App and there's points to earn.. God knows why, but it's a laugh!

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Yes it's great. Not got an iPhone but the fish makes me giggle and I love the torque and power meter.

Reactions: madday

·
Registered
79 Posts
I thought I'd seen something about a g-force meter but I've only found the torque and power gauges so far. Where is the g-force meter hidden away?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I thought I'd seen something about a g-force meter but I've only found the torque and power gauges so far. Where is the g-force meter hidden away?
You to connect a suitable phone which has the Mini connected app, to the USB in the car.
When you do this Mini connect is displayed in the cars central screen, the select Mini excitement, it then goes through a diagnostic check of engine temp, outside temp etc. Once that's finished, you should see the Excitement Analyser screen, you then have 4 options.
1.excitement analyser screen. Gain points for gear change, steering etc!!
2.sports instruments.
3. Force meter
4.vehicle and surroundings

·
Super Moderator
7,900 Posts
Wow need to try that. Will see if I can find it, then when the arm has. healed ...... I've found mini click and drive on Google play or is it off the mini website?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow need to try that. Will see if I can find it, then when the arm has. healed ...... I've found mini click and drive on Google play or is it off the mini website?
As far as I know it's called Mini Connected on the Apple Store, but if you have an Android, I don't really know where to look. I am sure there is a Mini Connected App for Android phones though. Perhaps somebody may chime in??

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Does any of this gee-whiz stuff work if you just have the boring, non-fancy display? Can I plug in my IPhone and get at least some of the nerdy goodness you guys are all talking about? Or is this only with the option$?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uke
I don't really know if it will be on your car or not.. Do you have Mini Connected displayed as an option on your central screen?

·
Registered
5 Posts
guys, one question, in order to activate connected on he the screen, you neeed to launch the app on your phone. Now, on the phone, if you switch to another application, such as emails etc, the connected feature disappear from the screen. On top, once on the app connected it get stuck to the home page (you are connetced) without any possibility to access settings or menus on your connected app. Is that what you get as well ? have the feeling something is not running normally.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know whether this is due to a lack of patience or intelligence, but I can't get this to work. I'm hoping its the latter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
guys, one question, in order to activate connected on he the screen, you neeed to launch the app on your phone. Now, on the phone, if you switch to another application, such as emails etc, the connected feature disappear from the screen. On top, once on the app connected it get stuck to the home page (you are connetced) without any possibility to access settings or menus on your connected app. Is that what you get as well ? have the feeling something is not running normally.
Correct, that's how it works. You connect with USB, run the app, and you can't use any other app while it's connected/running. Unless you decide to switch via the mini dash to another app that you've previously downloaded and that mini approved.. it then switches the apps on your phone to the other app. You'll still get calls or text messages if you get that through the Mini bluetooth though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You to connect a suitable phone which has the Mini connected app, to the USB in the car.
When you do this Mini connect is displayed in the cars central screen, the select Mini excitement, it then goes through a diagnostic check of engine temp, outside temp etc. Once that's finished, you should see the Excitement Analyser screen, you then have 4 options.
1.excitement analyser screen. Gain points for gear change, steering etc!!
2.sports instruments.
3. Force meter
4.vehicle and surroundings
Thanks Peter

I've just connected my iphone to the car via USB for the first time but unfortunately no luck... Not sure if it's my phone (iphone 6) or whether I wasn't patient enough with the screens, but I still couldn't get to the Excitement Analyser or g-force meter- just the same torque and power gauge which didn't change despite changing the measurements showing in the app

I'll give it another go in the morning if I'm not running late and report back

1 - 20 of 35 Posts