Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order submitted by dealer at the beginning of the year and I received a production number on January 9th.

Has been "In production with no confirmed production date" until yesterday when I called the hotline and discovered that it is now "In production with an estimated completion date of Feb 9th!" The Owner's lounge today revealed that I now have a VIN associated with the build. I'm very excited now!

Ok so here's my build:

2015 Cooper Hardtop 2 Door

Color:
850 Pepper White Body Color

Packages:
ZCW Cold Weather Package

Options:
223 Dynamic Damper Control
2F2 17" Black Cosmos Spoke
302 Alarm System
322 Comfort Access System
329 Black Bonnet Stripes
345 Chrome Line Interior
346 Chrome Line Exterior
383 Black Roof/Mirrors
386 Roof Rails
402 Panoramic Sunroof
473 Center Armrest
481 Sport Seats
493 Storage Package
4AA Anthracite Headliner
4G2 MINI Yours Interior Style in Dark Cotton Wood
5A1 LED Fog Lights
5A2 LED Headlights
609 Navigation System XL
674 Harman/Kardon Sound System
6NE Enhanced Bluetooth and USB/iPod Adapter
6NT Connected + Visual Boost XL
6UH Real Time Traffic Information
785 White Turn Signals
927 All-Season Tires

>:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very similar to mine. I really enjoyed tracking my build and once it shipped I tracked the ship's journey several times each day. It just added to the excitement and anticipation. I've had mine since October and love every second driving it. Oh and not just driving it - I park it where I can see it at work. The beauty of it makes me happy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very similar to mine...
Pictures or Specs?? :)

Yeah, I've been tracking my build daily up to now... I can only suspect that I'll be doing the same until it's mine! I can only be jealous that you can see yours while at work... won't happen for me unfortunately.

Question: how long did it take from build to being at your dealer? I'm hoping not more than a month. I'm the middle of the US...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congratulations!

I'm also expecting delivery of my order - Electric Blue MCS. Production completed on 1/23/2015 and current status from the owner's lounge is 'Awaiting Transport'. I've been checking a lot each day since completion of production :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the "Anxiously awaiting my MINI" club!

The Owners Lounge can be a day or two behind - if you have a cool MA, they will have the most up to date information and they'll be happy to keep you updated, otherwise I find the 1-866-ASK-MINI is the next best way to check your status (all automated).

Once it's on a ship, your MA can let you know how you can track the ship from the port in the UK to your assigned port on this side of the pond. It spends a few days in the VDC then it's on a truck to the dealer!

Sounds like yours will be completed around the same time as mine (Feb 3rd)!

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Great to see, and just to reassure you even after delivery the experience continues to be exciting. Every drive is still a joy 5months in. And if you drive a different type of car getting back in the mini is a revelation .it's a great car. Just polished mine. The finish of the paintwork is amazing. Those ostrich feathers must work!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine took a very long 4 months. The dealer gave me $1000 in accessories to compensate for the delay so I was able to get a base support system and luggage rack to attach to my rails. Ready for road trips!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations!

I'm also expecting delivery of my order - Electric Blue MCS. Production completed on 1/23/2015 and current status from the owner's lounge is 'Awaiting Transport'. I've been checking a lot each day since completion of production :)
Jan 23rd huh... Maybe the mini's will be on the same boat!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine took a very long 4 months. The dealer gave me $1000 in accessories to compensate for the delay so I was able to get a base support system and luggage rack to attach to my rails. Ready for road trips!
Four months sounds like a really long time... I'm glad you got some compensation for the wait. I wonder what took so long??

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine finished production on 1/20, and got on a ship on 1/27. It is due in port (west coast) on 2/17. I'm forcing myself to not try tracking the ship every day since it is outside of tracking range for the most part, so tracking it doesn't get me anything. It should hit the panama canal on 2/9.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine finished production on 1/20, and got on a ship on 1/27. It is due in port (west coast) on 2/17. I'm forcing myself to not try tracking the ship every day since it is outside of tracking range for the most part, so tracking it doesn't get me anything. It should hit the panama canal on 2/9.
How exciting is that! Keep tracking... it'll keep you busy till the time comes...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Update

Just discovered that my mini has a born-on date--today (the 9th)! It now shows up on bmwarchive when I enter the VIN.

What I'd like to know now is when my mini will be transported to Southampton. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there?

Also, I heard on another thread that a ship is scheduled to leave port there on the 11th (the Manon). Any idea if it could make it there in time to get loaded on the 11th? Any input from those who have already been there -or- input from those who are impatiently waiting like me would be great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my Mini on Jan. 3. It started production the week of the 16th and made it on the boat leaving Southhampton on Feb. 2. It was all quicker than I thought. Now I have to wait till the 12th before it arrives in Baltimore. I'm not sure how long it will take to get to Kansas City.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just discovered that my mini has a born-on date--today (the 9th)! It now shows up on bmwarchive when I enter the VIN.

What I'd like to know now is when my mini will be transported to Southampton. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there?

Also, I heard on another thread that a ship is scheduled to leave port there on the 11th (the Manon). Any idea if it could make it there in time to get loaded on the 11th? Any input from those who have already been there -or- input from those who are impatiently waiting like me would be great!
Doesn't take long to get to port, probably a day or two. Most of the time between production date and the day it ships out is waiting for a ship. Manon is headed to Port Hueneme, CA - is this your port? Your order sheet will tell you which port your MINI is headed to ("Port Loc.")

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered my Mini on Jan. 3. It started production the week of the 16th and made it on the boat leaving Southhampton on Feb. 2. It was all quicker than I thought. Now I have to wait till the 12th before it arrives in Baltimore. I'm not sure how long it will take to get to Kansas City.
I bet the anticipation is killing you! It's interesting that yours is coming in through Baltimore. I'm in Wichita (no mini dealers here) but ordered mine in OKC. I was told mine would be coming in through port in Georgia. Kansas city was about 30 miles farther from here. I'm guessing that the boat stops in Baltimore on its way down to Georgia -- hadn't though about that when I ordered but it sounds like I could have gotten it a few days sooner had I gone to KC!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Doesn't take long to get to port, probably a day or two. Most of the time between production date and the day it ships out is waiting for a ship. Manon is headed to Port Hueneme, CA - is this your port? Your order sheet will tell you which port your MINI is headed to ("Port Loc.")
I believe my port is in GA. I was under the impression that the ships run across the Atlantic and start delivering vehicles in the northeast then make there way south and then down and around through the Panama Canal to deliver on the west coast. At least that is what I'm hoping.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I believe my port is in GA. I was under the impression that the ships run across the Atlantic and start delivering vehicles in the northeast then make there way south and then down and around through the Panama Canal to deliver on the west coast. At least that is what I'm hoping.
There are actually several routes that go to the different US VDCs: Brunswick, GA, New York, NY, Charleston, SC, Baltimore, MD, and Port Hueneme, CA

Yours definitely will not be on the Manon. HOWEVER, the good news is the next ship to Southampton, going to GA is the Asian Emperor, arriving to Southampton on the 13th, and then to Brunswick on 2/25. If you make that ship, you may actually get your car before I do! :)

It spends 1-3 days in the VDC then it hops a truck to the dealership. This transit time totally depends on where your dealership is and what else the truck may be hauling. When I ordered my CM, it took 3 days to get from CA to Seattle once it left the VDC. It'll spend 1-3 days at the dealer getting PDC'd and detailed before your MA calls you to pick it up!

Double check with your MA to see when it will board and they should also be able to tell you what ship. Once it's on a ship, it's somewhat trackable as it makes its journey across the pond.

Reactions: kylekelly
1 - 20 of 25 Posts