Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

New F56 JCW + bazzilion options ordered from MINI Hailsham couple of weeks ago after superb service/test drive etc.

We're ex-R56 JCW owners, and Mrs Hurbert cried for about 2 weeks after we sold it and after much faffing about with other cars, bluster and Alfa Romeos, we decided enough was enough and came back to MINI (they also badgered pretty hard about the new JCW launch!).

Only problem is, car will be delivered 22nd (ish) of June and we've already read every review and watched every youtube video there is about it and we're going slightly potty..

Gaaaaaaaah...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was exactly the same! feels almost unbearable! I even started watching reviews in different languages... make sure you post some photos when you get it :) what colour did you go for?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've also joined the June queue, delivery estimated end of June or first week in July.

I'm going to try to forget all about it till then and I won't read any more of this forum or watch you tube videos in german/italian/chinese or research any more about 3 cylinder engines! no chance:nerd:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was exactly the same! feels almost unbearable! I even started watching reviews in different languages... make sure you post some photos when you get it :) what colour did you go for?
Classic Black with red roof & ears. Going for custom "sports stripes" in red/black too.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've also joined the June queue, delivery estimated end of June or first week in July.

I'm going to try to forget all about it till then and I won't read any more of this forum or watch you tube videos in german/italian/chinese or research any more about 3 cylinder engines! no chance:nerd:
Well, having the "same" engine as the i8 is slightly cool though right? If that's right that is..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mmmm thunder grey is potentially my second favorite colour on this car... It's just dead cool.

I'm going for volcanic orange only because I feel like finally I will have I car that I can put a loud color on it to get maximum smiles each time I see it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Was exactly the same! feels almost unbearable! I even started watching reviews in different languages...
German, Japanese, Malaysian... a Russian one or two... yeeeeeeeeah, I've been there.
I think the weirdest one I watched was this Romanian guy who just kind of parked it in a random forest and did a review. I kept thinking, "But why there?"

I knew I was losing it when I had to start watching the ones for the 5 door... that isn't even my car

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mmmm thunder grey is potentially my second favorite colour on this car... It's just dead cool.

I'm going for volcanic orange only because I feel like finally I will have I car that I can put a loud color on it to get maximum smiles each time I see it.
So funny, my exact sentiments!
One of my best friends picked up her TG F55 S about a week ago and I love it and covet it whenever I see it. I almost ordered TG because I thought it would be an easy color to accent with other colors. But then I decided VO was a permanent smile for me :D.

Annette

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bugger, got to wait until 3rd week in August for my new JCW (ordered end of May). I think the manuals have gone into production and bumped up delivery times. What's the chances of it getting delivered before the booked date?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bugger, got to wait until 3rd week in August for my new JCW (ordered end of May). I think the manuals have gone into production and bumped up delivery times. What's the chances of it getting delivered before the booked date?
Matt if your car is the same design as your avatar picture, I saw one just like it at my dealership last week... I looked fantastic great choice on colours! I took delivery of my MCS 2 weeks early (6 weeks quoted) so not sure if they just allow some room for contingency - it would make sense though.

Good luck with the wait!

·
Registered
68 Posts
German, Japanese, Malaysian... a Russian one or two... yeeeeeeeeah, I've been there.
I think the weirdest one I watched was this Romanian guy who just kind of parked it in a random forest and did a review. I kept thinking, "But why there?"

I knew I was losing it when I had to start watching the ones for the 5 door... that isn't even my car
I think I'm worse than you - last night I watched a you tube video on the new mini key fob!
Only 25 days to go!!

·
Registered
505 Posts

I think I'm worse than you - last night I watched a you tube video on the new mini key fob!
Only 25 days to go!!
Sadly, I think I know which one you're talking about haha. All I'll say there is that I may or may not have seen it more than once.

I got a real rush when I found the 2014 videos, done in English, with an American presenter, interviewing the German engineers and designers, with an Asian language in subtitles (I think it was Korean, but can't remember now). And by the time I got my car, I was reasonably sure I could almost perform the narration to the National Geographic special on Sir Alec Issagonis along with the show. I don't think I'll ever feel like watching that again.

By far my favorites were the Mini videos for getting to know your Mini and the ones showing the actual cars being built in the factory. Really gave me the urge to make a tour part of my vacation plans if/when I ever get to return.

I think the only ones I couldn't bear were a couple by guys who thought they could do Top Gear better than Top Gear (especially one done by two insufferable Russians), a review by a guy who starts his review by saying he doesn't know much about cars and nothing about reviewing them, and the ones done by the Canadian HS student... nice boy, but I can't take a review seriously from someone who's been alive on this planet less time than I've spent literally behind the wheel of a car.

The thing that really drove me crazy was that nobody ever did a video that showed you how to use the tech in the car bryond talking about the nav and how the HK sounds. Maybe that will have to be my contribution ha

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
you always can order the new 2015 Mini Calendar off Amazon to count the Days down. Sure is like been a Kid waiting to open them new Toys under the Xmas Tree isn,t it.:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Matt if your car is the same design as your avatar picture, I saw one just like it at my dealership last week... I looked fantastic great choice on colours! I took delivery of my MCS 2 weeks early (6 weeks quoted) so not sure if they just allow some room for contingency - it would make sense though.

Good luck with the wait!
Mike, yes same as my pic, pepper white with red roof and ears. Going to be such a long wait and stuck with a dealer than I don't particularly like but only one on the island!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts