Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congratulations, nice spec....now the LONG wait starts!!

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there in the wide world with Lapis
ordered/delivered:(
I've ordered the Lapis. Being delivered in around 2 1/2 weeks!

Keen to see it in real life, not seen any decent photos of it either.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've ordered the Lapis. Being delivered in around 2 1/2 weeks!

Keen to see it in real life, not seen any decent photos of it either.
Greetings and welcome from Aus. I've got relations down under near Melbourne - Geelong area if I remember - never managed to get out myself,although if it had been nearer Phillip Island might have been different:)
FINALLY someone with good taste:laugh:. There has never been a lot of Minis in that colour and never many photos. When I ordered mine dealer didn't even have a colour sample but I knew it would be different.......have you checked out my garage,might give you a better idea.

It will be a long few weeks now but I can guarantee you wont be disappointed:) You will have to post up specs.........manual I presume?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Greetings and welcome from Aus. I've got relations down under near Melbourne - Geelong area if I remember - never managed to get out myself,although if it had been nearer Phillip Island might have been different:)
FINALLY someone with good taste:laugh:. There has never been a lot of Minis in that colour and never many photos. When I ordered mine dealer didn't even have a colour sample but I knew it would be different.......have you checked out my garage,might give you a better idea.

It will be a long few weeks now but I can guarantee you wont be disappointed:) You will have to post up specs.........manual I presume?
Thank you:) I was actually fortunate enough to have been invited to the JCW track day down at Philip Island last month (alas it was pouring cats and dogs so the track was a nightmare!) but got to burl around in the sports auto JCW (15 of 'em all up to drive). Was nice to put the car through its paces without it being mine!

Definitely got the Manual. I believe it'll be the first into the country (or at least in the first deliveries). The dealer I purchased from is owned by BMW and they said that they won't be getting a demo until October for the manual. I know I got their last slot in the June run, and I'm not sure if they only had the one.

Thanks for the photos. I got white roof but based on that pic, i'm sure i've made a good choice (even though I didn't want the sunroof, but did want the heated seats and they only sell them as a package for now).

As for specs, we're a little spoiled down here in that we get a lot of the options as standard. Ended up with all the option packages for Australia so it's pretty decked out (with the Dinamica like yours too). I'd list the options but it's pretty much fully loaded :)

Great to see so many JCW people on this forum (others i've hung around seem to have very few of us!).

Oh, and come visit us 'down under' some day. I'm actually flying out a day or so after I get my JCW and will be in London for a few weeks working:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I guess it's allowed to have two Lapis JCW's, one at either side of the world. It's a sort of equilibrium thing.

Now.. who's up for a wee chat about the cricket?

#justsayin
I don't follow the cricket :p

(and even is Australia were winning, I still don't).

I'll share a pint or three with you when i'm in the UK though ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah drewbles you will defo have a unique one there with Lapis,manual and white combo. Looks nice with the white IMO although I went the chilli route like many others due to the fact it's a JCW colour.
Scary isn't it picking a colour that you haven't seen in the flesh but as you will see from Saurabhdutts pics as well it IS very nice:)
Lucky B....... getting demo drives on such a great track (big Moto GP fan). Hope you found the auto quite good for an old!!!! torque convertor setup. Probably like you and many others I would never drive or buy one in my life........but I did and don't regret it. Maybe it's an age thing now;)
You will have to get someone in to detail it while you are away so that its ready to enjoy:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah drewbles you will defo have a unique one there with Lapis,manual and white combo. Looks nice with the white IMO although I went the chilli route like many others due to the fact it's a JCW colour.
Scary isn't it picking a colour that you haven't seen in the flesh but as you will see from Saurabhdutts pics as well it IS very nice:)
Lucky B....... getting demo drives on such a great track (big Moto GP fan). Hope you found the auto quite good for an old!!!! torque convertor setup. Probably like you and many others I would never drive or buy one in my life........but I did and don't regret it. Maybe it's an age thing now;)
You will have to get someone in to detail it while you are away so that its ready to enjoy:)
Not sure it'll need much of a detail. The way the delivery date is panning out i'll literally be picking it up, driving it home, picking up my bags and jumping in a taxi to the airport. After an extended trip overseas though it'll need a good clean (will be covered in dust no doubt).

Wish I didn't have to leave it at home for everyone to oggle (live in an apartment complex) but c'est la vie I guess!

The Philip Island drive was a blast! Was the track day for media to review the car, but as i'd pre-ordered (and was a repeat customer) I was very fortunate. Auto was great but no regrets about getting a manual. I may be out of my hoon years but still don't like autos!

Agreed that Saurabhdutts looks amazing. Not a huge fan of red (in fact my interior is absolutely bland compared to most; piano black and chromeline) but that's why the Mini is so fantastic, you can really make it your own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.