Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have just ordered my first MINI!

I got carried away when adding accessories and told my dealer that I don't want any empty buttons in the cabin... Sad I know ! Anyway, after getting pretty much every option, I couldn't be more excited!

Specs:
- Midnight Black
- 17" Black Shoes (wheels)
- Automatic Transmission
- LED Headlights w/ cornering
- HUD
- Park Assist
- Driving Assist (speed sign reading isn't compatible in AU)
- Heated Seats
- JCW spoiler
- JCW Steering Wheel
- Satellite Grey Leather Seats
- Satellite Grey door panels
- Dark Cottonwood + Satellite grey trim
- Anthracite headlining
- Chrome interior + exterior
- 8.8" LCD + Harmon Kardon audio
- Auto dimming interior mirror and side mirrors w/auto retracting
- Sunroof
- Dynamic Damper Control
- Comfort Pack (keyless entry)
- chilli pack (standard on AU MCS)

And the dealer threw in floor mats and boot liner.

Total including Corporate discount which includes 4 yrs free service: AUD $59,300

ETA is September.

I'm not sure if that's expensive for what I got?? Did I just waste money on the car? Lol

Will definitely post pics on arrival!!

Cheers,
Dan

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Congrats on the order, best colour too!!

I know it is probably a pointless option in Aus, but to the fill all the blanks you need the heated front screen too....:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't seen a black one at the dealer which made me want it even more.. Haha

I asked about the heated windscreen and it's not offered in Australia as our climate doesn't cater for it! Doesn't matter... I tried!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cool stuff. So that's a four month wait. I think I better get to the dealership sooner rather than later.

I'm intrigued as to why there's no sign recognition in Aus :-(

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Many congrats!! How much is the total cost of your new MCS including all the options?

I decided to buy MCS in stock as the next delivery would be October to Japan. Am expecting the delivery next Friday!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Many congrats!! How much is the total cost of your new MCS including all the options?

I decided to buy MCS in stock as the next delivery would be October to Japan. Am expecting the delivery next Friday!!
I think you are likely one of few Japanese members here, Where about in Japan are you from (Not that im japanese or anything). How much did your Mini end up costing you?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I think you are likely one of few Japanese members here, Where about in Japan are you from (Not that im japanese or anything). How much did your Mini end up costing you?
MJCW, I live in the center of Tokyo.
Over here in Japan, only Cooper and CooperS are available at the moment.
Base price tags for Cooper AT is yen2.8mil (USD28K) and CooperS is yen3.32mil (USD3.32K) . In Cooper S, this base price includes many things such as 16-inchi wheels, Navigation system.

I paid yen194K (USD1940) for options called Pepper Package, Black roof, Black stiripe, Chromeline interior, MINI driving mode, LED headlighs and ETC for highways. with this yen194K, total of my ca price is yen3.514mil (USD35.14K)

With taxes and mandatory insurance et al, my all in cost is yen3.96mil (USD39.60): USD5K around for taxes et al is quite usual here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats on the order! I'd have been the same in trying to fill all empty buttons/switches if I could!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
+VolcF56 - you should totally do it! It's expensive though...

+taktahara - the total cost without negotiation was roughly $65,300AU... Not cheap but a great choice given the competing cars for that price here aren't too exciting and too
common...

+JCinSyd - It's annoying that we don't get certain features here in Aus... MINI Connected isn't available here either... Doesn't meet our safety regulations... Although the dealer did say its possible that if the road sign feature arrives in Aus, there should be a software update for it...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will be picking my MCS up in the next fortnight

Thunder Grey
Black bonnet stripes
Black roof
Sun roof
Black mirror caps
Heated & folding mirrors
Exterior chrome line
Interior chrome line
18" upgraded alloys black
LED cornering headlights
LED fog lights
Satellite grey interior leather
Piano black infils
Media pack
Navigation system XL
Driving assistance pack
Auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Heated seats
Variable damper control
Anthracite headlining
Head up display
Chili pack
5 year tlc servicing pack
Buying as a 3 month old demonstrator for just over £24k negligible mileage and a saving of over £5k

·
Registered
205 Posts
+VolcF56 - you should totally do it! It's expensive though...

+taktahara - the total cost without negotiation was roughly $65,300AU... Not cheap but a great choice given the competing cars for that price here aren't too exciting and too
common...

+JCinSyd - It's annoying that we don't get certain features here in Aus... MINI Connected isn't available here either... Doesn't meet our safety regulations... Although the dealer did say its possible that if the road sign feature arrives in Aus, there should be a software update for it...
Really surprised about Mini Connected ... I've given the Driving Assistant the flick, but kept the Parking Assistant as I parallel park a lot ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Excellent stuff. Still scheduled for September delivery? Can we check our order online in Oz?
Theres a 3 week lead time then it leaves the factory and then 3 months shipping .. So mid October..?

And we can't check delivery status online... Annoying lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts