Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my LCI 2 Cooper S Classic

here in Australia , one of the first few LCI2 here in AUS, I think. TBH I was pretty surprised that the car came with GPF/PPF since most cars in Australia doesn't have them. I know I'm in brake-in period but still could't help it to rev it in sport mode a little, the car doesn't pop at all, hopefully it will start popping after the brake-in period ends.

Like:
Car has loads of torque even below 1800 RPM, takes off with tiny bits of throttle input
Looks good at the front and back (I bought the F55, so its pretty weird looking on the side 馃槱)
Handing is amazing, last time I drove a car that handles this well was a 718 Cayman
Seats, feels like someone is hugging you
Every chrome part is blacked up for the LCI 2, even black exhaust tips (except for the lower part of window frames)
Ambiant lights, even for Cooper S Classic
Radar cruise control

Dislike:
No Pops 馃槱 (The test drive car was much louder and popped a lot, it was a Cooper s with standard exhaust (LCI1))
Short doors, since I got the F55, it's quit hard to get in and out
Ugly window frame, the F56 has frameless windows
Seat position is very weird, no matter what I do
biggest dislike, also biggest regret was that I bought a F55, why on earth did I get a F55 instead of a F56

Overall:
It's a amazing car, love it, no regrets in buying a MINI. I think my next car will probably be the next gen JCW 3 door Cooper (If I can afforded it馃槀)

IMG_0376.jpg Cooper S LCI2

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also it's really dumb, the dealer says change Oil every 30,000 KM. No thanks, I think, I'll be changing it every 5K KM. Since I drive TS out of my cars when the engine oil reach 80C

Registered
Welcome and congratulations on your new Mini! The black out is awesome! Mine is the same. Now if only they would do that as standard on the belt line! 馃槃

Registered
Great looking car .... very black :). Welcome to the forums.

You will find it will pop a bit more as it approached 10k miles. My LCI1 did.

Super Moderator
Lovely-I get what you mean re the 5 door-can look awkward at some angles but generally it's very pretty-and those framed doors at least mean no door paint rub-look on the bright side, or rubber v glass creak!

Registered
I picked up my LCI 2 JCW and it鈥檚 taken just over 2000 miles before it burbles and pops. I always find a hot engine and gear 2/3 & 4 are quality now 馃い
Yours looks superb btw... enjoy!

Registered
Just picked up my LCI 2 Cooper S Classic View attachment 74621
here in Australia , one of the first few LCI2 here in AUS, I think. TBH I was pretty surprised that the car came with GPF/PPF since most cars in Australia doesn't have them. I know I'm in brake-in period but still could't help it to rev it in sport mode a little, the car doesn't pop at all, hopefully it will start popping after the brake-in period ends.

Like:
Car has loads of torque even below 1800 RPM, takes off with tiny bits of throttle input
Looks good at the front and back (I bought the F55, so its pretty weird looking on the side 馃槱)
Handing is amazing, last time I drove a car that handles this well was a 718 Cayman
Every chrome part is blacked up for the LCI 2, even black exhaust tips (except for the lower part of window frames)
Radar cruise control

Dislike:
No Pops 馃槱 (The test drive car was much louder and popped a lot, it was a Cooper s with standard exhaust (LCI1))
biggest dislike, also biggest regret was that I bought a F55, why on earth did I get a F55 instead of a F56

Overall:
It's a amazing car, love it, no regrets in buying a MINI. I think my next car will probably be the next gen JCW 3 door Cooper (If I can afforded it馃槀)

View attachment 74621 Cooper S LCI2
Looks beautiful congratulations, and I get what you said about the awkward angles but it鈥檚 nice to have four doors and back seats, also the frameless windows add noise, complexity, and even on my brand new mini Cooper when I washed it it still gets a little bit of water inside. Not to mention the issues with the window rolling down when you open the door and rolling up when you close it, out of warranty that could be a headache, and I have already had problems with it rolling back up but not in the window tracks. Luckily a battery reset fix that without a trip to the dealer馃榾

Registered
I have mine for 3 weeks now and so far still struggling to find a confortable seating position as well. Is that normal? It wasnt like that on my other cars.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have mine for 3 weeks now and so far still struggling to find a confortable seating position as well. Is that normal? It wasnt like that on my other cars.
Yeah same lol. I find the seating position to be very strange on Mini. Also you can't adjust the height for the front part of the seat

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I picked up my LCI 2 JCW and it鈥檚 taken just over 2000 miles before it burbles and pops. I always find a hot engine and gear 2/3 & 4 are quality now 馃い
Yours looks superb btw... enjoy!
That's good to know, I was worried that the new ones might not pop at all

Registered
2021 F56 S stick Paddy Hopkirk, '12 Coupe S, 13 Roadster S, 14 Countryman S
That's good to know, I was worried that the new ones might not pop at all
My 2021 F56 S opos burbles in the garage goosinthe throttle. But not driving. It seems Rev hang prevents it.

Registered
Mini F55 Cooper S, 2021 LCI 2
Just picked up my LCI 2 Cooper S Classic View attachment 74621

Like:
Radar cruise control

Dislike:

Overall:

View attachment 74621 Cooper S LCI2
Are you sure it has a GPF/PPF? My understanding is our model doesn't have one in Aus. The PPF version is meant to have a drop in power which doesn't seem to be the case for the Aus model. I drove a demo LCI 1 model with fairly low kays before my purchase and it didn't have any more noise. I have done over 2000km's on my LCI 2 and it is starting to sound better.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you sure it has a GPF/PPF? My understanding is our model doesn't have one in Aus. The PPF version is meant to have a drop in power which doesn't seem to be the case for the Aus model. I drove a demo LCI 1 model with fairly low kays before my purchase and it didn't have any more noise. I have done over 2000km's on my LCI 2 and it is starting to sound better.
That's good to know, that the exhaust sound will get better. I'm planning to get a muffler delete after the break-in period, since the car is so quiet, not even a slight burble (can't really do that since I only put around 200KM a week, because of stupid covid 19).

When I ordered the car my sales ensured me that the car will have GPF. I didn't believe him, since we have high sulphur in our fuel and it may clog the GPF. When the car arrived I checked under the car and saw it indeed has a GPF integrated with the resonator (I know it's a GPF because I saw the underbody of both Pre LCI and LCI cars of the European versions).

Does your LCI 2 have any overrun pops?

I currently don't have any overrun pops, only DCT fart occasionally during heavy acceleration. However when I put Shell V-Power I get a lot more DCT pop during upshifting

Registered
Mini F55 Cooper S, 2021 LCI 2
That's good to know, that the exhaust sound will get better. I'm planning to get a muffler delete after the break-in period, since the car is so quiet, not even a slight burble (can't really do that since I only put around 200KM a week, because of stupid covid 19).

When I ordered the car my sales ensured me that the car will have GPF. I didn't believe him, since we have high sulphur in our fuel and it may clog the GPF. When the car arrived I checked under the car and saw it indeed has a GPF integrated with the resonator (I know it's a GPF because I saw the underbody of both Pre LCI and LCI cars of the European versions).

Does your LCI 2 have any overrun pops?

I currently don't have any overrun pops, only DCT fart occasionally during heavy acceleration. However when I put Shell V-Power I get a lot more DCT pop during upshifting
I have been trying to find an image of the GPF so I can check mine for sure. I can't see anything listed against the VIN. is yours a march build?

No pops yet, just DCT fart and starting to hear a bit of exhaust sound with the windows down. To be honest I don't mind the artificial sound that much when you let it rev out a bit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been trying to find an image of the GPF so I can check mine for sure. I can't see anything listed against the VIN. is yours a march build?

No pops yet, just DCT fart and starting to hear a bit of exhaust sound with the windows down. To be honest I don't mind the artificial sound that much when you let it rev out a bit.
That sucks dude. Maybe I'll do a GPF delete, there's a place that professionally removes GPFs at central cost. Good thing is we won't get a find is Australia since GPFs are not mandatory

(This is without GPF, so only resonator)

(This is with GPF, it's integrated with the GPF, this is the one I have under my car)

Registered
Yeah same lol. I find the seating position to be very strange on Mini. Also you can't adjust the height for the front part of the seat
Mini could learn a lot from Volvo. The Mini seats are OK but the lack of adjustment at the front is a real let down.

Registered
in my car right after the GPF there are 2 metal parts over the exhaust system. Whats the purpose of them and why are missing from OP's image?

(sorry for the photo quality, its a shot from the after inspection video that dealer sends)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts