Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anybody fitted a k and n panel filter just wanted to know if there was any more noise with one fitted cheers :D:D?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hi anybody fitted a k and n panel filter just wanted to know if there was any more noise with one fitted cheers :D:D?
There is a subtle increase in the "whoosh" noise you'll get, but it's not a dramatic difference.

Reactions: Paul storey

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thanks for the reply do you think there worth the £50.00 asking price :D
It is nice because you'll never have to buy another air filter again. Just clean it off every 40k-50k miles or so. That's what I put on mine.

If you're after something that's noticeably louder, an actual high flow air intake will give you the results you're looking for. You still have the reuseable filter, maybe a little better response, but minimal (if any) actual performance gains.

Way Motor Works has a real basic one for $180, or you can go for a nicer one from NM Engineering, Cravenspeed, or VIP which run $300+

Reactions: Paul storey

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is nice because you'll never have to buy another air filter again. Just clean it off every 40k-50k miles or so. That's what I put on mine.

If you're after something that's noticeably louder, an actual high flow air intake will give you the results you're looking for. You still have the reuseable filter, maybe a little better response, but minimal (if any) actual performance gains.

Way Motor Works has a real basic one for $180, or you can go for a nicer one from NM Engineering, Cravenspeed, or VIP which run $300+
Thanks for that I'll look into these high flow one a bit louder one would be great ????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts