Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on the K&N Filter or the BMC Filter for the F 56? The BMC Filter is a little pricey compared to the K&N. Is the airflow on the BMC that much better who is running either one?

K&N 33-3025

BMC FB813/01

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Nothing noticeable really. MPG increase is marginal and (like most manufacturers) they say the horsepower and torque will increase but that's hard to prove just by slapping a filter in and going for a drive.
I installed this mostly for convenience and serviceability, with all the desert driving we do I tend to replace a lot of airfilters, especially in summer. This one I just vacuum it clean and go on.

Reactions: KYDan and Evlkarl

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a k&n panel filter in my SD, there does seem to be more induction noise but can't say I've noticed any noticeable increase in performance or economy.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I'm running a K&N on my Vette, Suburban, and Mini and have been happy with them all. If it's oil "soaked" then you're doing it wrong and can cause damage from introducing oil into the intake. A light application of oil after cleaning and drying the filter element is all it takes. I follow the instructions and put a light bead of oil on the ridges of the filter and let it sit for a couple hours to spread throughout the filter element. After waiting you can tell if you have good coverage. You use the least amount necessary for coverage.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm running a K&N on my Vette, Suburban, and Mini and have been happy with them all. If it's oil "soaked" then you're doing it wrong and can cause damage from introducing oil into the intake. A light application of oil after cleaning and drying the filter element is all it takes. I follow the instructions and put a light bead of oil on the ridges of the filter and let it sit for a couple hours to spread throughout the filter element. After waiting you can tell if you have good coverage. You use the least amount necessary for coverage.
100% correct. "Soaked" was just a term we used around the shop for them.

Reactions: vetsvette
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.