Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opened the Garage door and found a set of tires under the Olive Tree. Will have them installed on Monday. I can not believe it there are still tires Made in Japan.:)

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Superb tyres imo; good choice! He'll enjoy having new boots and will reward you handsomely with extra grip in all conditions! Seriously supposed to be v good - yokohamas were toyotas only recommneded tyre for the rearly way ward Mr2 mk2! Didnt last long though!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nice! Curious to hear what you think of them.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Could not wait till Monday my local Indy Shop by the house got me in on a short notice.:D:D Wow Wow what a difference a tire makes the car handles like it is on rails. It just grips the road it is just perfect as far as driving/handling. The only thing I am not so happy about is the wheel gap since they are 45,s in the rear the gap is fine but in the front it looks a little goofy too me. I might have to hunt for 17" black Cosmo wheels.:(. can not get coils otherwise I will get stuck in the driveway.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Are those Yoko s.Drives? Car looks spectacular!

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Fabulous car looks great. I do prefer 17" cosmos but your car looks great so do what you think is best ever! Fabulous!

·
Registered
615 Posts
The only thing I am not so happy about is the wheel gap since they are 45,s in the rear the gap is fine but in the front it looks a little goofy too me. I might have to hunt for 17" black Cosmo wheels.:(. can not get coils otherwise I will get stuck in the driveway.
Cosmos are 7" ET54 and being on lower profile tyres will not make much difference to the gap... I would go for spacers :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Just re-read that you have 45 aspect tyres. Have you gone for a wider tyre so that tyre diameter is similar and your speedo will still be accurate?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tires are 195/45/16 Speedo is off by 4 miles just a little feed back on the tires. The driving feels totally different the car is like on rails now the steering feels better too more direct response and the noise level is down quite a bit. Also the ride/handling of the car feels better going straight or around corners and boy do the tires stick to the road in curves. :D The overall ride experience feels better/different. Mini should but them on from the factory.

Yes they are Yoko S Drives. I had different brands Pirelli Michelin etc etc on several cars but this tires is impressive for the $$.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It never fails

Look what I found on Craigslist today of course that has too happen after I bought the 16" tires and had them installed. The price is right at $ 300.00 obo of course they need to be powder coated shinny black and than I have to get another set of Yoko,s. It never fails finding what you looking for after you made a purchase.:( GRRRR... I might still pick them up since I want 17".

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Silver multi-spokes are the best looking wheels on a MINI imo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts