Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had the car 2 months and ive already kerbed the alloys well the front one anyway. Backed into a smallish space at the roadside and i knew it was tight but somehow the passenger wheel wanted to get to close. I was hoping the tyre had scrapped the kerb but no, it had taken the top off the alloy in 2 places and i was going so slow aswell. 2 months in, is this a record??

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Poor you. I had a golf r32 with the most gorgeous alloys and I had kerbed 3 within 3 weeks. I try to be very careful now. For an amazing refurbishment try prestige wheels Birmingham. Just google them. They are bow approved and did the most amazing job on my wife's Highgate diamond turned alloys alternatively mini will do you a smart repair. Sytner Nottingham did one for me while I waited for£70.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
My Brother in law had a similar incident two weeks after buying a 320 Msport with 19" alloys I suggested he get a set of Alloygator's fitted ( they have a website, or check out on youtube) being a protective ring fitted in between the tyre and alloy, I think he paid £25 a wheel fitted by an authorised dealer, then a month later his Wife kerbed another alloy big time, it wrecked the Alloygator so another £25 for a new one but prevented damage to the wheel which I think is a £300 wheel and a repair would of been £120, no doubt similar price for Mini alloys, worth considering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.