Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Like the white a lot.
Do you have a link or product code so I could order one as well?

I am looking on their website and I don't see anything.

I had to laugh to myself when I saw this. the first week I had my car I followed the steps in the manual on how to replace the battery and I loved the look of the fob without the fat balloon-like outer ring. I was thinking that someone should make something like that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the post of devries who made it. He made a second revision which is a tad thicker and more material options.

between work have made a revision nmr 2 and managed to only increase the amount a printed product by not more than 15%.
Wall-thickens is now everywhere minimal 1.0mm
The overall thickness increased by 0.6mm, what should give it a more sturdy look. Hollowed out the inner part to keep the size and price small.

Should now also be possible to be printed in metal, and the mounting is similar as the original by removing the back part of the key.

made it available in the Shapeway Shop just now ;

http://shpws.me/M1Wc

BE AWARE - my own Shapeway test-order will not be here before 18 April,
until the 18th no confirmation if its a perfect fit !

·
Registered
406 Posts
This is the post of devries who made it. He made a second revision which is a tad thicker and more material options.

between work have made a revision nmr 2 and managed to only increase the amount a printed product by not more than 15%.
Wall-thickens is now everywhere minimal 1.0mm
The overall thickness increased by 0.6mm, what should give it a more sturdy look. Hollowed out the inner part to keep the size and price small.

Should now also be possible to be printed in metal, and the mounting is similar as the original by removing the back part of the key.

made it available in the Shapeway Shop just now ;

http://shpws.me/M1Wc

BE AWARE - my own Shapeway test-order will not be here before 18 April,
until the 18th no confirmation if its a perfect fit !
Rock on! I just ordered a car colored matching fob ring.

Super stoked for this!

I'll keep it on my main keys, and then any time I have to take her in for service I'll use my spare key to get all the up to date data on my key.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.