Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she could do with a wash so excuse the mess. I've had the KW's on a few weeks and overall I'm pretty disappointed. I have to admit the car sits pretty much spot on - that's with the rear adjusters completely removed but the ride is terrible! I'm not exactly on a budget but when you're paying a bag of sand for the variant 1's, you don't expect them to feel like the £250 eBay specials. The standard shocks are far too hard and you can feel pretty much every bump in the road.. and then some! So expect a sore neck. A word of advice for anyone looking at coilovers, pay a little extra and get variant 2's

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Was the car on std or sports suspension?
Prior to the swap?

·
Registered
199 Posts
... that's with the rear adjusters completely removed but the ride is terrible! ....
I hate to point out the obvious; you've gone outside the design intent and are now probably sitting on the bumpstops, hence the crap ride quality.

Get your ride height fixed to within KW's recommendations.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have pointed out that I have had them with the adjusters in back to full ride height height and yet there's still no give in the shocks. even with the adjusters removed there's still plenty of room between the axle and bump stop. I take it no one else has had the same problem

·
Registered
301 Posts
Strange as I find the v1's on mine which are pretty much at their lowest, a better ride than my meisters and BC's on previous MINI's. That said I prefer a stiffer ride and expect that with coilovers however when I say stiff I don't mean that rattle your teeth out, I am more referring to the lack of body roll etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.