Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finishing the last mods on my 2015 MCS with JCW In-out (and plenty of NM) I was looking to replace my Dunlop Maxx's with Pirelli P7's RF. Long debate but I do not want to carry a spare on our planned cross county journeys. Since I have the factory JCW wheels I thought I would look at the JCW brake upgrade. The shop mini USA site had them listed at $2250+- plus tax, including install. Though I would stop by and talk to Sean (good guy), Santa Fe service manager, and see what he could do about the price.

Interestingly, shop Mini site changed overnight! They no longer listed it and we finally found it under a sub category from the suspension upgrade. $1650 plus install. He then asked "have you seen our 25% off black Friday sale?" OK. Sounds good to me! He is also taking 25% off the labor. Final tally, even with our outrageous sales tax here, under $1800 installed. Christmas came early this year. Will post pics when done next week.

Regards,
Markus

2015 MCS
Melting silver/white
JCW in/out
All the stuff

·
Registered
615 Posts
Since I have the factory JCW wheels I thought I would look at the JCW brake upgrade.
Do you have JCW wheels (track spoke or cup spoke) option from the factory (JCW bodykit option) or purchased aftermarket?

The reason I ask is that there are 2 versions of track spoke and cup spoke which are the same design but one set are designed to go over the big JCW brake calipers and one set designed for use with cars without JCW brakes...

Take a look here to be sure otherwise you may have to change wheels or use spacers which will add additional costs -

http://www.minif56.com/forum/401-tires-wheels-suspension/32521-jcw-brake-upgrade-kit.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sootyvrs,
They came with the JCW package, here in the states, and are definitely for the large calibers. They actually stick out wider than the Dunlops and have at least a 3/4-1" clearance for the caliper. Nicked a curb a couple of times and had them repaired.
Regards.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Sootyvrs,
They came with the JCW package, here in the states, and are definitely for the large calibers. They actually stick out wider than the Dunlops and have at least a 3/4-1" clearance for the caliper. Nicked a curb a couple of times and had them repaired.
Regards.
Double check that with your dealer. There have been a number of posts in the US of the JCW exterior package wheels being different than the wheels on the JCW F56. At a glance they look the same but they are different, the F56 JCW wheels to clear the brakes are more concave.
The MINI USA site says the brake kit is compatible with vehicles with 17” WKR Double Spoke 510, LMR Cross Spoke 506 and 18” LMR JCW Double Spoke 534.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have the JCW kit and the track spoke wheels have less a dish than my friends JCW!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Finishing the last mods on my 2015 MCS with JCW In-out (and plenty of NM) I was looking to replace my Dunlop Maxx's with Pirelli P7's RF. Long debate but I do not want to carry a spare on our planned cross county journeys. Since I have the factory JCW wheels I thought I would look at the JCW brake upgrade. The shop mini USA site had them listed at $2250+- plus tax, including install. Though I would stop by and talk to Sean (good guy), Santa Fe service manager, and see what he could do about the price.

Interestingly, shop Mini site changed overnight! They no longer listed it and we finally found it under a sub category from the suspension upgrade. $1650 plus install. He then asked "have you seen our 25% off black Friday sale?" OK. Sounds good to me! He is also taking 25% off the labor. Final tally, even with our outrageous sales tax here, under $1800 installed. Christmas came early this year. Will post pics when done next week.

Regards,
Markus

2015 MCS
Melting silver/white
JCW in/out
All the stuff

Hi,

My I have the contact number of that dealer? I want to order the same parts and my dealer here in Miami is refusing to offer any black friday discounts, and as per Mini USA Parts they now have free shipping so maybe I can order from your dealer and get it delivery here in Miami.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are 510's. My service manager knows the car.

The dealership is the new Santa Fe Mini and part of Sandia Mini, ABQ. The sale flyer says for ALL Mini accessories. Sales:877-205-3573
Service:877-205-9301

1 - 8 of 8 Posts