Mini Cooper Forum banner

Last trip in our Clubman this weekend

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  WiltsPat 
#1 ·
11 Days, with luck, until our new F56 arrives... meanwhile we're taking the last long trip in our gorgeous Clubman Cooper D this coming weekend.

We're driving from Oswestry to 'back home' to visit family in and around Southampton (we'll wave at the docks to wish all the dock-side MINIs 'bon voyage' of course).

First stop on Friday p.m. will be Farnborough, then Winchester for a hotel stay and then on to Southampton. Rounded off with a traffic-jam-free cruise home on Sunday afternoon; total drive will be around 450 miles.

Great way to pay tribute to our reliable 'old' Clubby. Will miss it.

Derek

#5 ·
J, you'll have to excuse me my fantasy about the jam-free drive OK? :) But as long as we're clear of Birmingham before 4pm we should be ok.

Tandberg, yes not too sorry about the new car. After all it IS new and the Clubby doesn't look like a proper MINI does it? And that new petrol engine's spec. isn't far beind the original 1st gen Cooper S!

I had to pay homage to the old car though - an amazing diesel engine with plenty torque and pretty good fuel consumption.

D.

#6 ·
Fantastic fuel range mine has,but your right they dont look like proper mini's and had the mini had a bigger boot i would have bought one. Only reason for the clubbie was the bigger boot. Mine s the SD on order as i do a fair old bit of miles with my photography doing landscapes so the diesel works well for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.