Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has gone in to have its dashboard stripped and Air Conditioning fault fixed... I have got a Pepper White Cooper D hatch in Pepper White this time round, however it's done 47 miles and refuses to rev match... Also the seat squeaks when you go over a pot hole...

I do wonder who does the pre-delivery checks on these cars... :|

·
Registered
407 Posts
I drove a nicely appointed Clubman the other day. Outside of the fact that I floated around more than a dinghy in the shipping lanes of a sea port, the car was nice to drive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I do wonder who does the pre-delivery checks on these cars... :|

It seems to be standard BMW group policy to leave quality control up to the buyers. It used to annoy me, but as long as they are willing to correct faults without argument, I just expect to have 2 or 3 dealer visits within the first couple of months.

The Approved Used Scheme is even more laughable with BMW, they claim to carry out a 100+ point check, but I have yet to find one that I can't find several faults within minutes. I'm pretty sure all they do is count the wheels, and give it a wash ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
It seems to be standard BMW group policy to leave quality control up to the buyers. It used to annoy me, but as long as they are willing to correct faults without argument, I just expect to have 2 or 3 dealer visits within the first couple of months.

The Approved Used Scheme is even more laughable with BMW, they claim to carry out a 100+ point check, but I have yet to find one that I can't find several faults within minutes. I'm pretty sure all they do is count the wheels, and give it a wash ;)
Well if there are enough spokes, lug nuts, and suds on the car then I guess they do at least a 100 point check

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm confused at why it isn't rev matching? I presume its just a setting they've clearly not enabled on the delivery software installs? I'm realising what having driven an auto for a year has done to my skills at downshifting.

Also, what have they done to the horns?! This thing toots, my SD honks!

OH and the one cool thing is when in accessory mode after stopping the car, opening the door turns it all off... You previously had to have this coded privately however looks like its now standard on a 66 plate (MY17).

·
Registered
109 Posts
OH and the one cool thing is when in accessory mode after stopping the car, opening the door turns it all off... You previously had to have this coded privately however looks like its now standard on a 66 plate (MY17).
Yeah my 66 plate Cooper does that.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it is a filthy diesel. ;)
Touché but my SD doesn't...

Anywho I got my car back today, didn't take as long as Williams had expected - my heater box needed to be replaced and then upon installation the existing windscreen defrost motors would no longer function and had to be replaced.

-.-

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brandon, will you ever get in a Mini without finding a fault ??

You moan more than my Mrs, and she has to put up with me!! :)
Yeah, my mum's JCW is faultless and as have been previous curtesy cars... I don't get in and go oh I wonder what could go wrong, this one was just obvious cause the seat squeaked and it didn't rev match on downshifts cause I almost went through the window when going from third to second.

SD is a four cylinder, D is a three. Always going to be rougher at idle.

Both do knacker air quality just as badly though, and sound crap. ;)
Faster than your Cooper. ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Faster than your Cooper. ;)
True, but not by that much. I've owned plenty of cars faster than your SD though. I wasn't going for speed this time, the car gets driven around the city and around once a month it goes on a two hour motorway journey and that's it. If I could've bought an electric car with the feel of the Mini I would've.

That's what happens when you move out of your mummys house I'm afraid. Money goes elsewhere for a while.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
True, but not by that much. I've owned plenty of cars faster than your SD though. I wasn't going for speed this time, the car gets driven around the city and around once a month it goes on a two hour motorway journey and that's it. If I could've bought an electric car with the feel of the Mini I would've.

That's what happens when you move out of your mummys house I'm afraid. Money goes elsewhere for a while.
LOL someone's bitter, I only said it cause you were saying diesels were ****.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not bitterness, I'm just an abrasive c-word.

That's because they are.
I like that... Well I agree they aren't the best but surely when it comes down to a serious argument on fossil fuels, aren't they as bad as each other - shouldn't we be aiming to be pollutant free, rather than making diesel so expensive so nobody buys one and letting petrol cars continue to pollute?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well I agree they aren't the best but surely when it comes down to a serious argument on fossil fuels, aren't they as bad as each other - shouldn't we be aiming to be pollutant free, rather than making diesel so expensive so nobody buys one and letting petrol cars continue to pollute?
They certainly aren't "all as bad as each other" that's the sort of weak and lazy arguments that people make against politicians too. You tackle problems such as this in chunks rather than all at once. Cutting back on diesel and pushing hybrid and/or electric powertrains are the future now.

The Labour government tried this in the 90s/2000s but the car companies lied to them and said electric cars would never be possible, hence diesel became popular as they thought CO2 was the big issue. Well because of this we now have a capital city that is more polluted that during the great smogs of the 1950s. The reason for this? Diesel particulates.

I've never owned one and never will, I've always thought it was a con, even before the whole VW "dieselgate" cheat was exposed.

Reactions: Guitarmaker

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They certainly aren't "all as bad as each other" that's the sort of weak and lazy arguments that people make against politicians too. You tackle problems such as this in chunks rather than all at once. Cutting back on diesel and pushing hybrid and/or electric powertrains are the future now.

The Labour government tried this in the 90s/2000s but the car companies lied to them and said electric cars would never be possible, hence diesel became popular as they thought CO2 was the big issue. Well because of this we now have a capital city that is more polluted that during the great smogs of the 1950s. The reason for this? Diesel particulates.

I've never owned one and never will, I've always thought it was a con, even before the whole VW "dieselgate" cheat was exposed.
My bad, I only got the SD over an S because it gets 100 miles more range round town.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.