Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for the F56 MCS and how to you see what it is on the car.

I don't mean just for the audio side but for the engine etc.

My car is going in for a service on Friday and I would like to see if they change it.
:)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Does anyone know what the latest firmware is for the F56 MCS and how to you see what it is on the car.

I don't mean just for the audio side but for the engine etc.

My car is going in for a service on Friday and I would like to see if they change it.
:)
Someone else was nice enough to answer this on the other MINI forum, but I thought I would share the response:

"The latest as far as I know is F056-16-07-502.

The easiest way to check is to use an ethernet to ODB2 cable and ESYS.

If you don't have that there is still a way:

Save a profile on a USB stick. See Settings->Profiles->Export Profile (USB)

On your computer open the saved profile via a text editor. It's an XML file. The file is under "[USB Stick]/BMWData/MobileProfile/[Profilename].mpd"

The 9th line will contain your i-step."

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey siriuszero , I was wondering what firmware version do you have on your nbt headunit , I have nbt_L and was wondering if there is a newer version? Or do you have nbt_evo headunit?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey siriuszero , I was wondering what firmware version do you have on your nbt headunit , I have nbt_L and was wondering if there is a newer version? Or do you have nbt_evo headunit?
I do not have EVO (mine's a 2015, EVO is 2016 or newer w/nav) and I am currently on the F056-16-07-14-502 firmware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts