Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello MINI Fanatics!
I’ve ordered a JCW F56 LCI 2 which is about to go in to production and I’m currently having a change of heart potentially on colour and alloys after seeing them in person!
I’ve ordered White Silver, Black Roof and Mirror caps and 17 inch track spokes! Toying with the idea of upgrading to the new 18 inch alloys and maybe going all black! Your opinions please? Steer me in the right direction!
FYI I would have potentially gone red roof but got a sunroof so wanted to keep roof black :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello MINI Fanatics!
I’ve ordered a JCW F56 LCI 2 which is about to go in to production and I’m currently having a change of heart potentially on colour and alloys after seeing them in person!
I’ve ordered White Silver, Black Roof and Mirror caps and 17 inch track spokes! Toying with the idea of upgrading to the new 18 inch alloys and maybe going all black! Your opinions please? Steer me in the right direction!
FYI I would have potentially gone red roof but got a sunroof so wanted to keep roof black :) View attachment 73298 View attachment 73299 View attachment 73300
looks pretty mean in black see link below

·
Registered
101 Posts
First one for me too and I own a black one!
Best colour, imho, from what I have seen of Mini cars driven around here, including one in this block, is pepper white, with the black stripes and the black roof. Easiest by far to maintain in colour and seems not to age or wear in any way, shape or form. Plus, superb contrast with the black stripes and roof, and black alloy wheels. Would never touch anything above 16" wheels as ride becomes way too jittering and unsettled plus fuel economy takes a dent and the strut mounts deteriorate quicker from what a Mini tech told me.

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Me-I love the second two-the JCW has to have bigger wheels-and I haven't ever had less than 17"s on a Mini-for an S they for me are an optimum size for the Clubby 18s are optimal but 19" s look the bees knees-harsher ride though. An f54 on 18" rims is comfy and an f56 on 17s a great ride handling compromise imo. So there you go-big looks best but make sure you can live with the firmer ride-I'd buy the second two cars! Silver easier to keep looking clean but never quite pops like a clean black car!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I would go Black with the 18's myself, but I may be a bit biased. Although I would add that I would option the adaptive dampers too as they are less stiff than the std JCW suspension set up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Talking about the adaptive suspension, my new LCI2 is meant to have them fitted as standard. Is there any easy way other than the order form of establishing if their actually fitted?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talking about the adaptive suspension, my new LCI2 is meant to have them fitted as standard. Is there any easy way other than the order form of establishing if their actually fitted?
Hey Musher, I’ve done the same- it’s an option which is free but has to be ticked upon ordering so make sure with dealer they’ve done that!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have already taken delivery of my new LCI 2 and they order form has intellgient adaptive suspension written on it. I was just wondering if there's a way that you can tell if it is actually fitted or not?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have already taken delivery of my new LCI 2 and they order form has intellgient adaptive suspension written on it. I was just wondering if there's a way that you can tell if it is actually fitted or not?
I assume if you have adaptive suspension you can set the dynamic damping in the vehicles settings menu on the central monitor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My understanding is it does it automatically and no adjustment is needed from the driver although I could be wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was collecting my JCW yesterday..sorry about birthday logo covering part of image 😋😋. Only picture my wife took... looks awesome in black with black and 18 inch rims.. hope you all agree? Unfortunately I had a bit of bad luck and tpm light was on as I was leaving dealer.. new tyre required due to nail and I have to wait until tomorrow for proper delivery.. more images to follow.. dealer been awesome . They are sorting tyre and gave me a countryman JCW while it s being sorted..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Was collecting my JCW yesterday..sorry about birthday logo covering part of image 😋😋. Only picture my wife took... looks awesome in black with black and 18 inch rims.. hope you all agree? Unfortunately I had a bit of bad luck and tpm light was on as I was leaving dealer.. new tyre required due to nail and I have to wait until tomorrow for proper delivery.. more images to follow.. dealer been awesome . They are sorting tyre and gave me a countryman JCW while it s being sorted..
Looking forward to collecting our black JCW tomorrow. This pic is making me want it now! Ours will have the red roof and mirrors though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
both color options look great. i picked up a pre-owned 2017 jcw, black with red roof last year. it looks great. i didn't have the option, but if i was purchasing a new mini (or any other car) i would avoid black at all costs. i like to keep my cars always clean and freshly washed looking and it requires a lot of extra work with black paint. plus every little scratch and swirl is magnified especially in the sun. i have found myself spending a lot of extra time now constantly having to quick detail my car about every other day. even a light layer of dust makes the car look dirty.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts