Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the digital dash was originally supposed to be standard on the LCI2 models, this was changed to if you specced Nav then you would get it, but on checking the configurator yesterday it now looks like you now only get it if you specify Nav plus. im just about to order my new cooper and im not spending an extra £2400 just to get the dash.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Spotted this myself - it's been removed from the standard nav pack, and the price dropped from £1100 to £900. It did appear as a £200 option under the option Navigation Content for a few days, but it's gone now.

Interesting to see what happens about orders placed up to the change (I think it may have been from 1 May)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I believe it was supposed to be standard on LCI2 but i'm sure the reason it has been removed (Temporarily?) and added to the Nav Plus option is more to do with the global shortage of semiconductors. That and it being too good an opportunity not to make a bit more money out of the situation!! 😆

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered my mini F55 Cooper Classic 5 door on 15 April and was informed today that it would not have the Digital Cockpit with the Navigation Package which I had ordered

I did not want to pay the extra for the Navigation Plus as it had features that I would never use

So I opted to take the £200 discount

The delivery is scheduled for 14 June so delivery dates seemed to have slipped

·
Registered
2019 Cooper Sport
120 Posts
Hi all, I am looking to buy an LCI 2 soon and want the digital dash but don't want to spec nav plus. Does anyone know when it may return to a standard option?

Thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
I ordered my mini F55 Cooper Classic 5 door on 15 April and was informed today that it would not have the Digital Cockpit with the Navigation Package which I had ordered

I did not want to pay the extra for the Navigation Plus as it had features that I would never use

So I opted to take the £200 discount

The delivery is scheduled for 14 June so delivery dates seemed to have slipped
Assume it has arrived?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi all, I am looking to buy an LCI 2 soon and want the digital dash but don't want to spec nav plus. Does anyone know when it may return to a standard option?

Thanks
I think the longer you wait the closer you get to the F series being replaced. I desperately wanted the digital dash and coughed up the extra £1000 for the Nav Plus to get it on my JCW Clubman.

On reflection, it's nice, and I'm glad I did what I did as I wanted something different to the analogue dials.

However, if I was you, I'd consider ordering the standard dash and adding the HUD for £500. I rarely look at the dash with the HUD.

If you went down this route you could always add the digital dash later on if you want to. Might even be a nice little upgrade to look forward to.

The MINI digital dash is OK, but it really is the standard functionality presented in a different way. It's a tiny screen with two analogue dials. Don't confuse it with the display on a 1 series / the latest Audis.

·
Registered
2019 Cooper Sport
120 Posts
I think the longer you wait the closer you get to the F series being replaced. I desperately wanted the digital dash and coughed up the extra £1000 for the Nav Plus to get it on my JCW Clubman.

On reflection, it's nice, and I'm glad I did what I did as I wanted something different to the analogue dials.

However, if I was you, I'd consider ordering the standard dash and adding the HUD for £500. I rarely look at the dash with the HUD.

If you went down this route you could always add the digital dash later on if you want to. Might even be a nice little upgrade to look forward to.

The MINI digital dash is OK, but it really is the standard functionality presented in a different way. It's a tiny screen with two analogue dials. Don't confuse it with the display on a 1 series / the latest Audis.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did consider this option. At the moment I’m thinking nav, comfort plus and pano roof. Perhaps retrofit if needed.

At the moment I have a Cooper sport with analogue which made me want to have the digital one as something different like u said.

Didn’t intend to sell my car so soon but after looking at used prices I have decided to list it up and see what happens as it seems to be fetching about £2-3k more than I bought it for!

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
679 Posts
Don’t forget that the Digital Dash is actually not that digital. The only part that is an actual screen is the centre 1/3 of the head unit. The left hand 1/3 of the head unit contains an analogue rev counter needle with leds for the marks on the rev counter scale. The right hand 1/3 contains a row of 8 leds that show the fuel level. Also in the right hand 1/3 are the standard led warning lights. All this is hidden behind a dark tinted plastic front panel which makes the unit look like it is a full digital display, but in the right light you can see how it is actually made.

·
Registered
2019 Cooper Sport
120 Posts
Don’t forget that the Digital Dash is actually not that digital. The only part that is an actual screen is the centre 1/3 of the head unit. The left hand 1/3 of the head unit contains an analogue rev counter needle with leds for the marks on the rev counter scale. The right hand 1/3 contains a row of 8 leds that show the fuel level. Also in the right hand 1/3 are the standard led warning lights. All this is hidden behind a dark tinted plastic front panel which makes the unit look like it is a full digital display, but in the right light you can see how it is actually made.
Oh right, I never knew that. I always thought it was all completely digital.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered around 3 weeks ago and specced nav plus but i was on the configurator today and i cant see the digital dash in the nav plus content, it does however show the digi dash on the summary pics, anyone know if its now been removed all together ? And as it was included when we ordered wether we will get it ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered around 3 weeks ago and specced nav plus but i was on the configurator today and i cant see the digital dash in the nav plus content, it does however show the digi dash on the summary pics, anyone know if its now been removed all together ? And as it was included when we ordered wether we will get it ?
It appears it was me being a dummy on the configurator on my phone, just had a proper look on laptop and the digital cockpit is in the nav+ content

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anybody know if this is now standard? My Dealer seemed to think some models were being delivered with it as standard but did not know for sure.

I didn't want to order Nav+ but it was coming through the dealers config as part of the model. (This is a seperate configuarator to the website version).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts