Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to final order. Just like to know your opinions on the leather seating options. I would like leather and I am considering both the Cross Punch and MINI Yours Lounge leather, both in black. Appreciate any advice you may have.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Getting close to final order. Just like to know your opinions on the leather seating options. I would like leather and I am considering both the Cross Punch and MINI Yours Lounge leather, both in black. Appreciate any advice you may have.
You do know you give up the JCW specific seats when you get either of those? Just making sure.

PS: I think MINI charges too much for their leather options. The only two options for the JCW seats are the standard cloth/alcantara, or the leather/alcantara with red accents. I liked that but $2K is way too much for it IMO. On my 2011 R56 JCW the dealer connected me with a local shop that carries the Katzkin line (you can look up their website.) I got a fully custom leather interior that covered all of the seat, with my choices of inserts and piping for $1100. Even if it's gone up by now, the quality of it was better than the MINI's for a more reasonable price. You might see if there is a Katzkin dealer in your area.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got the black cross punch leather in my MCS. I think that gave it better seats than the original spec. (Not sure about JCW). I don't regret my choice. In fact the only thing is when you're cleaning the leather, sometimes there's a bit of leather cream that goes into the holes. Not a big deal, and it all seems to disappear anyway, but the first time it happened I panicked. Thought I'd ruined it!

Something to thing about.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do know you give up the JCW specific seats when you get either of those? Just making sure.
I am aware of that, but not a big issue for me. My problems with both of the JCW seat options are that they do not flow with any of the existing color combinations. The striped standard seats (very nice) don't match the red stitching on the wheel and shift boot, or any of the color lines offered. The leather/dinamica combination has red accents, but it does not match the stitching or the color line. Not to mention, I really prefer leather the dinamica/alcantara cloth. Care and feeding of of dinamica/alcantara is not an easy task to keep it right.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I am aware of that, but not a big issue for me. My problems with both of the JCW seat options are that they do not flow with any of the existing color combinations. The striped standard seats (very nice) don't match the red stitching on the wheel and shift boot, or any of the color lines offered. The leather/dinamica combination has red accents, but it does not match the stitching or the color line. Not to mention, I really prefer leather the dinamica/alcantara cloth. Care and feeding of of dinamica/alcantara is not an easy task to keep it right.
I went down this path to the nth degree before finalizing my order for my 2015 JCW....nothing, and I mean nothing on the dealer lot that even came close to much of anything I was considering either, since so few JCW's were at dealers back then. I considered cross punch leather and the lounge leather, but realized that the JCW sport seats would only be in the other two options (standard cloth, which is very nice and comfortable for $0, but the white striping wasn't to my liking, although it has grown on me), then the red-lined dinamica/suede leather option for $2,250, as I recall...and I thought the red-lining was too bright. I initially went with just black leatherette sport seats, and I still like those for the wear & tear factor.. But, in the end, I went with the red-lined JCW dinamica/suede leather Sport Seats...and I must say I am extremely glad that I did! The red is not as bright in person as you might think by looking at photos and especially the configurator. My JCW is all black, so the red-lined seats matches perfectly with the rest of the red accents.

As for drivability, the dinamica/suede leather (I don't use the term alcantra because that's not what the material is) is very comfortable...you won't need heated seats either!..and your butt stays planted during driving...something I doubt will happen so well with the vinyl or standard leathers.

I don't recall what your color combo is, but in the end you will have to live with what you order. So, all I am saying is try not to overthink this. You are ordering a JCW, so go with the JCW sport seats is my advice...either the cloth or red-lined sport seats are very acceptable in my opinion, and both have lumbar adjustment also.

By the way, I took a drive today to start the new year out right!...and I'm still very pleased with the sport suspension. ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
We have the cross punch which I'm happy with. The lounge leather is nice as well but cost a fair bit more over the cross punch and is no different aside from appearance so I didn't feel the need to fork out for it.

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
We have lounge leather. Its absolutely stunning and the most comfy mini seats weve ever had.somehow more give. We love the stitched buttons and union jack patterns in the headrests. Punch leather is in our r series buthard to compare as the seats differ but if you can afford the extra and like the looks.........they just say luxury(the lounge).

Reactions: dpcompt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts