Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm a newbie! I'm trying to decide which seats I want in my future MCS. Ideally I'd like the Satellite Gray, but I'm not sure how well they wear. I've seen the ones at the dealership, and although they are beautiful, they get quite dirty. If I do go this route, I'd get the matching door panels.

For those of you that have the leatherette, how do you like them? Do they get sticky in the summer?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I had leatherette seats on my Countryman and loved the fact that are very leather like in terms of look. They are very easy to clean (just a damp cloth will do) and require very little maintenance. They wear VERY well.

That being said, IMO I don't think they breathe very well in the summer, but the cross punch leather seats I have now on my F55 weren't too much better. I never found them to be sticky though. Just mostly sweaty back sometimes.

Reactions: LGPMini

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had satellite grey in mine. Only had the car for 8 months or so. I usually wear raw denim jeans and found myself cleaning the seats with leather cleaner once a week or so. Just spray on and wipe off, so it wasn't hard. The other option was to throw a towel on the seat before sitting down. The satellite grey wasn't an option for my 2016 so I didn't have to decide if they were worth the hassle

·
Registered
17 Posts
My leatherette drivers seat wore out in my 2006 Cooper S and I replaced it for about $600:eek:. My 2011 Cooper's leatherette seats did not wear out. My new 2015 Cooper S has leatherette again. I prefer not using animal skin (steering wheel - no option there). The leatherette does not get hot like old vinyl seats. It does breathe and feels very luxe. Recommended! Put the $1500 or $2000 for leather seats into other options is my recommendation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the responses. As it turns out, I purchased a MCS on Sunday that was 99% what I wanted. It has the satellite grey seats and door panels. The only option I didn't get that I wanted was the NAV, but from what I'm told, I'd hardly use it.

I'm in love with it. I put 144 miles on it since Sunday. See below for a picture.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,834 Posts
In defence of the leather; i love my half leather panels; smells good, wipes clean and so far very hard wearing-and from past experience of mini leather and the stuff generally it is hard wearing. i am always a bit suspicious of man made alternatives i am afraid-not keen on the idea of alcantara for eg!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.