Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the LED headlights and always turn the headlights on when I'm driving (even during the day).

On my Audi if you left the lights on there was an audible warning noise and on exiting the car the DRL's and rear LED lights remained on.

On the Mini however if you leave the switch "ON" then all the lights go off.

So my question is, is it okay to leave the switch "ON"?

With nothing being lit up I'm assuming this wont affect the battery?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yep, they'll go off with you lock it.

My RCZ did the same, go off automatically.

When you press the ignition, they'll come back on.

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
What he said......

My headlights are switched on permanently, so they go off when I lock the car and come on again when I start it up. It's a breed above an Audi >:D

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Ooops... 0:)

He / she... According to my boss we should all be a "she" because we drive a Mini, and apparently it's a "girls car"....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lol yeah i had a friend who said the same thing im just waiting for that 1200 mile break in period then ill take him on a test ride with some nice corners then we shall see. ;)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I noticed that if I leave my Headlights in the ON position and shut off the engine the lights will shut OFF.....but when I open the doors the headlights will turn ON and wait until I turn ON the ignition. I noticed that also when doing this the headlights will go up and down to align themselves. Something that they do not do when I turn on the headlights under normal circumstances.

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
I noticed that if I leave my Headlights in the ON position and shut off the engine the lights will shut OFF.....but when I open the doors the headlights will turn ON and wait until I turn ON the ignition. I noticed that also when doing this the headlights will go up and down to align themselves. Something that they do not do when I turn on the headlights under normal circumstances.
Are you sure about the alignment ? Not that I've ever tested it, but the alignment must happen when you turn the ignition on, even if the lights are off.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Are you sure about the alignment ? Not that I've ever tested it, but the alignment must happen when you turn the ignition on, even if the lights are off.
I honestly have checked this over and over again. To my surprise,
I have never seen the headlight go up and down when turning on them manually. I checked this on the wall in my garage. It only happens when the headlights are ON, engine turned OFF, then when starting the engine again the headlights will go ON and go up and down....weird. On my 2013 Coupe, the headlights go UP and DOWN every time the headlights go ON.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts