Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone fitted Mini Accessory LED DRLs to their F56? It looks like a simple job to fit after removing the inspection covers used for bulb replacement in the wheelarches and using the existing wiring and connectors.

Parts price from Mini is £200 (or less if discounted) yet Mini want £220 + for fitting them making a total of £420.00. Apparently they require coding with a K code. Does anyone know how difficult or long coding takes?

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/accessories/daytime-led-lights-offer.html

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a search on here....
There is a thread with a guide to installing.....it isn't that simple I'm afraid.

Thanks, Ive had a look but cant find a thread or guide to installing. Has anyone got a link?

Just to make it clear its the DRL/Sidelight/Fogights im considering replacing as there are threads on LED Headlights but cant find any on LED DRLs

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Andy, Great link. As you said not a simple job. The LED DRL kits can be bought from Mini dealers discounted to £160 on ebay.
I think I will get Newministuff who are auto electricians to give me a quote for fitting as I dont want to pay BMW price of £420 fitted.

I don't know why Mini don't fit them as standard or part of the Chilli pack as many cheaper cars have LED DRLs as standard!

·
Registered
235 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts