Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep seeing a few Mini's in my area with the LED drls on and think they look really good. (The circular ones surrounding the fog light). Has anyone had them fitted that had the halogen ones as standard?

I'm semi considering it but the mini site's 'special offer' is £420 which is incredibly steep.

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @BristolMini, I have had the circular LEDs on my MINI Cooper (standard halogen lights). I had them supplied fitted and programmed for £375 (some confusion on mini's website). I sold the old fog lights for £80 on ebay so technically I paid £295.. ;-)

They have completely transformed the look of my car. LEDs are very bright and they are worth every penny.

Here is the link for my post..

http://www.minif56.com/forum/289-mini-f56-general-discussion/34866-spot-lights-led-drls.html

Saurabh
Thanks for the link. I think that'll be a definite purchase for me. How come they were £375? It looks like it's £420 on their website for the newer models, but cheaper for the pre 2014 model

·
Registered
844 Posts
Haggle until you get the price down. Some dealers charge more per hour than a lawyer or consultant!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks for the link. I think that'll be a definite purchase for me. How come they were £375? It looks like it's £420 on their website for the newer models, but cheaper for the pre 2014 model
Actually, last month when I saw the advert on the website, it stated supplied and fitted for £375 however it didn't say that it was for R56. When I phoned the dealer for it they said its for R56 however the picture was F56. They had to stand by the offer and I got a great offer out of it. Now they have changed the advert. Its a very popular mod and you wouldn't regret it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did this on my paceman, dramatically improves the look of the car IMO, totally worth the money.

It's worth changing the halogens to a blue/whitish light when you do it though as the warm standard halogen can clash with the LED segment that stays on when operating the headlights at night. Some people like the contrast, but for around £20 for a set of osram nightbreakers you can match it all up.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Did this on my paceman, dramatically improves the look of the car IMO, totally worth the money.

It's worth changing the halogens to a blue/whitish light when you do it though as the warm standard halogen can clash with the LED segment that stays on when operating the headlights at night. Some people like the contrast, but for around £20 for a set of osram nightbreakers you can match it all up.
+1 on that. I changed my headlights with nightbreakers and it matches with the leds now.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Had mine done for £375 at local mini dealer,
Looks great just need to change the main light to white to look the same as the LEDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 on that. I changed my headlights with nightbreakers and it matches with the leds now.
I'm having the DRLs fitted to my 2015 Mini Cooper later this week.
I so missed having them as I had them on my previous 2011 model which also had Bi-Xenon headlights.
I preferred the look of these and was hoping that a solution would be on the cards. ?

I would like a brighter headlights to go with my new accessory.

What Osram Nightbreakers should I be looking for?
What is the model number?
Are they easy to install?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts