Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm absolutely in love with my F56 cooper and for me its pretty much the perfect specification. The only thing I regret not ordering is the LED headlights, at the time of ordering I convinced myself that the halogens looked better but alas now I disagree! The halogens are also pretty poor in terms of performance and having an A3 with LED's it really did make me realise this.

There has been chat before on this forum about retrofitting the LED headlights and the general consensus was that it was either not possible or cost prohibitive.

I've been scouring the internet and I've found forum posts which detail the fitting of LED headlights to BMW 2 series active tourers which obviously are based on similar architectures.

I am therefore writing this post to help people who are in similar positions to me. While I won't be doing the upgrade imminently it may happen this summer.

The parts needed to do the upgrade are; LED headlights (LH/RH) with cornering module and LED control unit. (These are commonly available on eBay now for reasonable prices), LED fog lights, ride level sensors front/back* and a new LED light control switch. The wiring is already there however the pins need to be moved for it to work.

*I need to do more research but potentially on UK cars this may already be installed.

The car then of course needs to be coded to work correctly with the LED headlights.

I have attached a link to the forum where I originally read how to do it on the active tourer http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888359

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has actually done this to their car and how successful it was? I have seen the lights online and my Cooper S unfortunately didn't have the LED's which i'd like to add.
Cheers

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has actually done this to their car and how successful it was? I have seen the lights online and my Cooper S unfortunately didn't have the LED's which i'd like to add.
Cheers
I think its "successful" but relatively speaking, a fortune to do.

I'd stick a pair of OSRAM Nightbreaker Lasers in. Should make a significant difference.

[ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/BREAKER-halogen-headlamp-64193NBL-HCB-passenger/dp/B01LLKFWHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517819479&sr=8-1&keywords=laser+h4[/ame]

·
Registered
677 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.