Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
There have been posts before on this if you search but in short you can but very expensive to do, you'd be far better to fit some driving (spot) lights :)

By the way welcome and what model etc do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so just couldn't find too many people that had done I previously. Personally don't like the spotlight look but thanks, is it possible to just change both sets of halogen bulbs to LEDs? (Sorry if this been covered previously I'm a complete newbie!)

Thanks :) I have F56 Mini Cooper in Volcanice Orange just got it a few weeks ago, absolutely love it!

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Personally don't like the spotlight look but thanks, is it possible to just change both sets of halogen bulbs to LEDs?
Short answer? No. LED lights need/have a projector housing and the standard halogens have a reflector housing.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Are the wiring looms the same for halogen and LED headlights? I know a LED headlight unit is >£1000 to replace so I reckon you're wasting your money. Cheaper to buy a MINI with them already spec'd.

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
769 Posts
I would wait a bit and I am sure you will unfortunately see these popping up in junk yards after winter.

True, but remember the LED headlights are more than just the head lamp unit. There is also a level sensor in the back, and I believe one in the front, and the associated wiring. Anything can be done to a car with enough time and money but in this case I would just add the LED headlamps to your next MINI and use Night Breaker bulbs in the interim. Just my 2 cents...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.