Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had automatic xenon lights in my two previous cars, the most recent being the f30 bmw 3 series. Driving through an underpass the lights would come on and once I'd exited would go off after a few seconds. With my mini the LED lights come on but take up to 2 or more minutes to turn off even after emerging into bright sunshine. Would have thought the bmw and mini systems were the same. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Is it simply a mini thing or could the sensors on my car be faulty.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My LED's react the same way, you drive through a wooded area and they come on then on exiting into the sunlight they can stay on for up to a couple of miles before switching off. Our Ford Kuga with Xenon's react a lot quicker.:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same with me, coming home via the M25 and passed under a couple of tunnels. Lights came on immediately but took a few miles to switch off.

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Me too. I don't think it's a fault but a safety thing ie protects the lights from flicking on and off too much costs v little and it may go dark again v quickly.v happy they don't go off too quick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yip, same here with my headlights. I also followed an F56 with standard headlights and noted that they stayed on for as long as my LED equipped car, so it's just they way they work!

·
Registered
340 Posts
By default the auto lights on Mini's are set to a sensitive level. My previous Mini was the same.

I did ask to have them made less sensitive and was quoted a ridiculous price in the region of £400, so I left them as they are

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, feel a lot better now. Already had to take my car back for chipped paint and a faulty wire connection. Had no desire to see my dealer again for the foreseeable future.

But I must say those led lights are awesome. They even light up the white painted lines in the centre of the road, and that blue tinge ahhhh :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.