Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I've just started customizing my F56S (JCW bumpers, the likes!) and I have the normal halogens on my car. Another member of my family has an F56S with the nice looking LED's, and offered to let me switch them to my car as their car doesn't get driven as much as it should. Is it possible to switch the LED's from that car in place of my halogens?
I've read on here and found a lot of contradicting arguments.

Thank You all

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Very tricky.different wiring looms apparently but get them side by side and you can check for yourself.

Reactions: uke

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey all! I've just started customizing my F56S (JCW bumpers, the likes!) and I have the normal halogens on my car. Another member of my family has an F56S with the nice looking LED's, and offered to let me switch them to my car as their car doesn't get driven as much as it should. Is it possible to switch the LED's from that car in place of my halogens?

Thank You all
Probably best to take them both to the dealer and find out if they can do a swap for you (hint hint, it won't be cheap).

Remember the LEDs also have a leveling sensor that needs to be run under the car as well. It's a lot of work and you'll need some definite tech info if you plan on doing it yourself.

Reactions: uke

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thank You all
Probably best to take them both to the dealer and find out if they can do a swap for you (hint hint, it won't be cheap).

Remember the LEDs also have a leveling sensor that needs to be run under the car as well. It's a lot of work and you'll need some definite tech info if you plan on doing it yourself.
Thank you for the info man. That's more than I've found anywhere. Thanks again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was searching about this change too... but I found some LED lights that can be used to make almost the same effect of the original... of course its just a second way (cheaper and easy), but it doesn't need a long work and too much change...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was searching about this change too... but I found some LED lights that can be used to make almost the same effect of the original... of course its just a second way (cheaper and easy), but it doesn't need a long work and too much change...
Hey man! Could you link me to this alternative? Thank you so much

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts