Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

I ended up going with Ziza LED reverse bulbs from ECS Tuning and will link them below.

- The build quality is great, have a nice weight to them and don't feel cheap (y)

After installation I used BimmerCode's "LED Conversion" code. It stoped them from flashing when the MINI is started up.

* The flashing only happens for a few seconds which is normal but I did not want that to occur

- The LEDs are bright in day/night and would recommend them!

Link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ziza-parts/led-reverse-light-kit/0023484ziz01kt/

* At the time of writing this post they are on sale 18% off

I hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade to LED bulbs :)

Rich

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Irishmykl There's no online link to perform the conversion.

If you weren't aware you need the BimmerCode app (iOS/Android) and an OBD adapter to connect to the MINI's ECU.

In BimmerCode there's an LED Conversion area, in that area you will find "LED Conversion reversing lights"
- It will automatically make all the changes so the LEDs will not flicker :)

Here's the link to BimmerCode if you need it: https://bimmercode.app
  • On the site you can find all the supported models, coding options and supported OBD adapters
  • Great customer support via email too!

I apologize for not seeing your post sooner and hope this helps,

Rich

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah I don’t even notice it, I’ll change it when I get Bimmercode. The main issue I want to fix is that the horizontal turn indicator doesn’t work on mine. I have a 2022 that came with factory UJ lights and I figured everything would be plug and play but it seems the brake and turn signals operate on the same connection with my car. Not sure if it’s a wiring issue or if Expert Mode on Bimmercode can fix it.
@Irishmykl There's no online link to perform the conversion.

If you weren't aware you need the BimmerCode app (iOS/Android) and an OBD adapter to connect to the MINI's ECU.

In BimmerCode there's an LED Conversion area, in that area you will find "LED Conversion reversing lights"
- It will automatically make all the changes so the LEDs will not flicker :)

Here's the link to BimmerCode if you need it: https://bimmercode.app
  • On the site you can find all the supported models, coding options and supported OBD adapters
  • Great customer support via email too!

I apologize for not seeing your post sooner and hope this helps,

Rich

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Irishmykl this is a feature I would like to have too. I love the look of the horizontal turn signal and the vertical brake light. I think the question is could it be wiring, coding or a whole tail light replacement?

There is a very long thread about UK tail lights, coding and signals on NAM. There's a lot of information and I would check it out.

Link:

I hope this helps and if it does keep me posted!

Rich

·
Registered
75 Posts
@Irishmykl this is a feature I would like to have too. I love the look of the horizontal turn signal and the vertical brake light. I think the question is could it be wiring, coding or a whole tail light replacement?

There is a very long thread about UK tail lights, coding and signals on NAM. There's a lot of information and I would check it out.

Link:

I hope this helps and if it does keep me posted!

Rich
Yes I have been in it. Coding so far has not worked. It might be wiring. As I understand it on the LCI and LCI2 with the factory UJ, there is only one wire that controls the LEDs for the brake and the turn signal, and the BDC is smart enough to send different signals for brake or turn to the taillights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts