Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I replaced the halogen bulb with an Osram LED. It is straightforward just twist the socket take out the bulb with the housing and replace.
I am annoyed by the message that pops up all the time. I purchased a osram cambus control in order to get rid of the message. But now I am facing different problem..as you know, you are supposed to clip the resistor on + and 0 that goes to the socket where led bulb is installed. But there is no wires, just twisting socket 馃槀
I believe that it can be done if you know what wire goes to the reverse light, do anyone knows where can I find that wire?

Osram Cambus Control

Registered
Mini Cooper F56 BRG, 2017, 3 doors, 136bhp
I placed my resistors on the back of the "bridge" holding the lamps, and attached their cable to the metal used to spread power to the various lamps... simple method that's easy to temove if desired, and doesn't mess around with the cables.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I placed my resistors on the back of the "bridge" holding the lamps, and attached their cable to the metal used to spread power to the various lamps... simple method that's easy to temove if desired, and doesn't mess around with the cables.
hej!
Is there any chance you can take a picture of it. I am kinda dumb to do any electrical work by myself. 馃槀
I appreciate your time

Registered
Mini Cooper F56 BRG, 2017, 3 doors, 136bhp
Been a bit busy this weekend...

Added three pictures to explain my moves:

In step 1 I've brought the cable through already existing holes and attached two crimp connectors. They are then stuck in under the metal sheet - plus is the lower cable in my pic.In that space I used there is a plastic guide stopping the connector from reaching next metal lane.The red plastic of the connecter is glued to the black surface.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

In step 2 the connectors has been protected with some pieces of gaffer tape - should of cource be grey!
Bumper Material property Automotive exterior Automotive design Rectangle

In step 3 the resistors is seated on the other side of the lamp holder, and cables secured again with gaffer tape.
Automotive design Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Material property

I hope this helps...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been a bit busy this weekend...

Added three pictures to explain my moves:

In step 1 I've brought the cable through already existing holes and attached two crimp connectors. They are then stuck in under the metal sheet - plus is the lower cable in my pic.In that space I used there is a plastic guide stopping the connector from reaching next metal lane.The red plastic of the connecter is glued to the black surface.
View attachment 75875

In step 2 the connectors has been protected with some pieces of gaffer tape - should of cource be grey!
View attachment 75876

In step 3 the resistors is seated on the other side of the lamp holder, and cables secured again with gaffer tape.
View attachment 75877

I hope this helps...
THANKS!
I am on my way :D
Hopefully I get it done before the dark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.