Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Push the "control knob" to the right and there you should have quick access to switch either or both off, if not keep pushing it to the right and the screen you need will appear. It's designed to be quick access

·
Registered
471 Posts
rather than start another thread, i hope you don't mind if I hijack this one.

I have the full package and unless it's because I'm driving during the day I don't notice but my LED ring doesn't appear to do much! What's the difference between standard and event?

I certainly can't remember the ring changing colour when I'm accelerating!

·
Registered
998 Posts
In event the standard display fades from white to orange around the ring. It doesnt change under acceleration but if the stop/start kicks in it flashes green and then stays green until restart. Also if you adjust the heater temperature it switches to blue/red. Ive not noticed it do anything else so far

·
Registered
734 Posts
It shows the volume level as you adjust it... and it shows distance until the next satnav instruction, but it doesn't do that until you're quite close.

Somewhere in the settings is a screen of checkboxes so you can select which events it responds to.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It shows the volume level as you adjust it... and it shows distance until the next satnav instruction, but it doesn't do that until you're quite close.

Somewhere in the settings is a screen of checkboxes so you can select which events it responds to.
I guess the LED ring is ALWAYS ON, as per the AMBIENT LIGHTING? No OFF switch?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Only reason I asked was that I thought by what a lot of reviews said it would be annoying but I hardly notice it - maybe I will when I drive in the night!!

I may go out shopping tonight just because a) I can and b)it's dark!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rev counter not working

Hi. When I set the central display to act as a rev indicator it looks like it's frozen with a red/Amber glow at the far right of the led ring. Is this a fault or am I not doing something I should. I was under the impression the lights acted as a Rev counter as the revs rise. Thanks for any info ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi. When I set the central display to act as a rev indicator it looks like it's frozen with a red/Amber glow at the far right of the led ring. Is this a fault or am I not doing something I should. I was under the impression the lights acted as a Rev counter as the revs rise. Thanks for any info ?
The red and amber stay where they are. What does change as how much from the left is illuminated in white.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts