Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've only had a quick scoot through the menus, but can't figure out how to make the LED ring do anything! Other than when reversing. And how do I change the colour of the lights in the footwell and handles etc?? Is there info anywhere? Can't see anything in the handbook :-/

Mark??????? ;-)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Changing mood lights is one of the toggles on the roof of the cabin I think (was in R56).

The LED ring should be doing something! I understand you can have it off entirely. Not heard of just a reverse option only....MARK??!!

Edit. Do the LED ring change colours as you select sport or Eco mode? They should turn red and green respectively?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep they do that :) I thought I could set it to just do pretty colours though (I'm such a girl haha!). And I thought it should do something for satnav too - but it just sort of stays an orangey red on the right side of the ring the entire time. No biggie, I'll figure it out :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm just reading through some PDF gumpf. I could be wrong, but there is a light package called "excitement". Did you have that? It's in the Chili pack? That seems to bang on about the lights changing with driving.
I like the pretty lights too and I'm a boy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm just reading through some PDF gumpf. I could be wrong, but there is a light package called "excitement". Did you have that? It's in the Chili pack? That seems to bang on about the lights changing with driving.
I like the pretty lights too and I'm a boy!
So do I!!! >:D

·
Registered
281 Posts
I must be a total bore - had the lighting activated when I picked the car up but it drove me mad - so found out how to switch them off completely as soon as I got home and haven't had them on since !!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The orangey red on the right side is the REVs indicator. As you may notice, if you accelerate, white light will light on the left of the ring until it reaches the orange or red side. This is like the tachometer!
Also if you turn on the volume, you may see how it increases there. The same with A/C.

To change the color in door handles and floormats, etc, you need to use the second toggle (right to left) on the roof lamp.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ok I will try the roof toggle tomorrow!!

The ring didn't seem to change with revs etc, but then I couldn't maybe see so well as it was such a sunny bright day. I shall continue to play!! Thanks :)

I have excitement pack, so it *should* all work ok I hope? Just got to figure it out!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mood light colours is the roof switches, second from the right. It says you press to change colour, hold to start cycling through colours and press again to stop. The brightness is the little wheel next to the headlight switch (which controls other instrument brightness too).

LED ring (says the manual) is under Settings > Center Instrument, then you can set basic display or event display... the manual doesn't give details but tachometer is an example.

This is a great way for me to learn before I get my car :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
The LED ring is one of the reasons why I wanted an F56 in the first place!

Reactions: MintMark

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, I know I'm out numbered -but I don't mind the driving excitement pack, it's just that the car was set to ambient lighting (I think it's called) and the central display ring just changed from colour to colour constantly !! It looked like I was having a disco in the car !!
Sounds pretty fabulous to me haha!! ;-)

·
Registered
189 Posts
If these settings are stored as part of your profile, then you could have a day and night profile stored and load it appropriately? Or have a day and night keyfob.............
Texy

·
Registered
734 Posts
That's a good idea... or you could use fobs for commuting and day trips. I never thought of using them like that :)

Somebody asked whether the profile can store the default driving mode, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I found having it on one static colour (orange to match the car!) was a bit bright so I've put it back to the 'event view' setting so that it changes with the internal temperature/revs etc.

I didn't know it 'scrolled' though .....cool!

You can find the settings under SETTINGS / CENTRAL DISPLAY / LIGHTING (I think!) .... the "standard" option is for a static colour

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
That's a good idea... or you could use fobs for commuting and day trips. I never thought of using them like that :)

Somebody asked whether the profile can store the default driving mode, but I'm not sure.
The driving mode isn't part of the profile. It always defaults to mid mode on starting the car. Should theoretically be possible to code the default and I bet someone will come up with something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
alarm ring on top of tach

I have 2010 mini s with alarm, can flash lights on lock/unlock, can roll down windows with unlock, but not LEDs on red plastic. Any ideas

1 - 20 of 52 Posts