Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Led ring in the middle of my car every now and then flashes a white color and it's almost all the way around the circle but flashes about 3/4 of the way from left to right.

Here is a link to the video

Anyone have this issue or know what it is? No navigation is running, no engine lights, low fuel, temperature, or any type of warning lights are on the dash (as I show)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a heartbeat option, and this only occurs randomly and it lasts from when I start the car to when I turn the car off. (so while I'm driving)

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Just a friendly reminder not to forget the ice cream on the way home.:D;)

Mine does it once in a while too. I only got the cheap skate options.... Honestly i never gave it any thought why it happens. Now you got me thinking.:(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you turn on auto start stop on the event basic display?

It might be telling you when that kicks in....
My auto start stop hasn't kicked in nearly all summer because it's so hot here in Arizona. I'm not sure if that's it though because it does it while I'm cruising down the highway or slowing down to a light, just constant. I've emailed my local dealer the video as well so we'll see what they say. Good to know at least one other person has experienced it.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
So if I understand this the correct way the white ring comes on/off when the auto stop comes on? My auto engine stop works so good here in AZ that I just turned it off. It drove me bonkers going in rush hour traffic and the car shots off all the time. Honestly I do not miss that feature at all.:)

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
So if I understand this the correct way the white ring comes on/off when the auto stop comes on? My auto engine stop works so good here in AZ that I just turned it off. It drove me bonkers going in rush hour traffic and the car shots off all the time. Honestly I do not miss that feature at all.:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
My auto start stop hasn't kicked in nearly all summer because it's so hot here in Arizona. I'm not sure if that's it though because it does it while I'm cruising down the highway or slowing down to a light, just constant. I've emailed my local dealer the video as well so we'll see what they say. Good to know at least one other person has experienced it.
Could it be a temperature condition warning?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Heartbeat is red and when the auto stop/start kicks in, its a green pulse. Not seen a white one ......yet......

·
Super Moderator
8,825 Posts
Ok let's try and do a definitive guide to the led ring.

Assuming you have the correct boxes in the options list ticked it can display

Red heart beat
Red amber or green when the sport mid or eco modes are set
Green when auto stop start kicks in
Blue when the phone is in use
Red when you turn the air con up blue when you turn it down I think
From white to Amber to red in synch with the rev counter
It can mirror the mood lighting mode you set.
When using the sat nav the white occurs I think to give you a count down to a turn or junction.

This is all from memory so may have missed some or be slightly or highly inaccurate x

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just added orange for sound

Red heart beat
Red amber or green when the sport mid or eco modes are set
Green when auto stop start kicks in
Blue when the phone is in use
Red when you turn the air con up blue when you turn it down I think
Orange when you turn up/down the sound
From white to Amber to red in synch with the rev counter
It can mirror the mood lighting mode you set.
When using the sat nav the white occurs I think to give you a count down to a turn or junction.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.