Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps,
My wife has a 2015 Cooper, when we collected it the LED ring was cycling through the various colours when we were in it, it's now just sat at one colour. We know how to manually change the colours but what settings do we have to input to get the ring to cycle through colours when driving ! Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Jon! If you press and hold the color change switch and keep it held until it cycles thru the entire color set (ie arrives back at the color it was originally on) it will automatically continue cycling thru the colors once you let go of the switch. This will continue even if you turn the car off. It won't stop until you press the switch again.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
not got my mini yet (3 weeks and counting) what are the different options you can select for the ring?

Would the constant change of the colours not be annoying? does it just look like one big ring of colour?
I have set mine like this, I don't find it annoying at all.

All my interior LED lights (door handles, footwells and overhead console light), cycle through the colours along with the main display LED ring.

The only issue I noticed was on my previous R56 cooper (2nd gen). That had LED lights up on the B pillar behind the head of driver and passenger. I found these were distracting when driving in the dark unless the brightness was turned down. It made a workmate chuckle when he followed me home one dark night, as sometimes I was green, then purple, then yellow etc etc.

But the F56 and 3rd gen cars don't have this light on the B pillar so it makes it much better IMO.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.