Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just ordered my first mini! A brand new JCW in black. I've spec'd it with everything but the assistance pack, front parking sensors and rear camera. Wondering whether the external LED spots are any good? Quite expensive at almost £500+ dealer fit..

Anyone had any experience?

Thanks!
Mark

·
Registered
85 Posts
For me, as a rule of thumb, anything with LEDs is better than halogens; the quality of light, the comfort, the long life span pays off in the long run.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I want them but heard there not that bright so won't see any difference just a expensive add on but look cool as

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think they are excellent,although expensive as you say. IMO a Mini needs spots to carry on the retro look:D
If you have specced your car well whats another £590 and they will be colour coded as well!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
They are deffo effective. I had halogens on my old car and yeah, in time, they simply go down the drain: the bulbs are burning more often, the bulb sockets are wearing out and breaking, the cabling stiffens and breaks the socket, the mirrors lose quality and you have increased chanced of foggy lamps (when the glass of the headlight becomes opaque).

The main difference between the halogens and LEDs is the blinding effect; yes, with halogens you have the illusion of flooding the street with light but the fringe of the LEDs makes more things visible (like poles, road signs, license plates etc).

In the end, it boils down to what you are willing to spend but for me, with halogens on my old car, it became increasingly difficult to drive at night. Now, with LEDs, it's a real pleasure and comfort.

·
Registered
120 Posts
All my previous cars had regular incandescent headlights, and my current Mini has LED headlights. There absolutely is a difference, a good one. The LEDs are brighter & have more blue light. They make it much easier for me to see details on the road.

Alas, I only have headlights, not the external lamps, so I can't say anything about those.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure I can justify the cost!! However cool or effective they are!! Was hoping for about £500 (optimistic probably!) but my dealer quoted over £700!! I can have a holiday in the states for that!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts