Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know of my little venture in to making the turn signals complement the LED headlight units, I've purchased some Samsung LED bulbs off eBay to install in to my headlight units.

The bulbs I've bought are specific for BMW F models so I'm hoping I'll have no issues in installing them in my SD. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221625774722?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT)

If they work and look good then I'll be purchasing LED bulbs for the side and rear, I'll upload a video to show the comparison when they arrive. :nerd:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I approve of this purchase as long as you have fuel :p

Jokes aside I would really be intrigued to see what it looks like! And may consider myself!
Oh ****! SHOTS FIRED!

That made me chuckle.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know of my little venture in to making the turn signals complement the LED headlight units, I've purchased some Samsung LED bulbs off eBay to install in to my headlight units.

The bulbs I've bought are specific for BMW F models so I'm hoping I'll have no issues in installing them in my SD. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221625774722?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT)

If they work and look good then I'll be purchasing LED bulbs for the side and rear, I'll upload a video to show the comparison when they arrive. :nerd:
I have these on mine! You will get either bulb out warnings unless you code out in ESYS. I don't remember if you get hyperflashing too on the front turn signals, but I did on the side. Flickering when powering on may be a problem too with out coding out.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have these on mine! You will get either bulb out warnings unless you code out in ESYS. I don't remember if you get hyperflashing too on the front turn signals, but I did on the side. Flickering when powering on may be a problem too with out coding out.
Those exact bulbs? I had LED DRL bulbs for my previous Cooper D that had the standard headlights and I had no warnings or issues with them so I'm hoping these will be the same! BUT I will let you know upon arrival. 0:)

Do they look good, got a video?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Those exact bulbs? I had LED DRL bulbs for my previous Cooper D that had the standard headlights and I had no warnings or issues with them so I'm hoping these will be the same! BUT I will let you know upon arrival. 0:)

Do they look good, got a video?
I don't. They have a more intense color and look good at night, but like most LED bulbs, they don't look as bright as incandescents in the day time.

TBH, I don't remember if I had bulb out warnings, hyperflashing, or strobing (or all 3) when I first installed them, but I coded them as LEDs either way to prevent any problems.

Reactions: brandonbardsley
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.