Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 years ago, i went searching for a new car. We opted to go fairly cheap as it was a first car, and all that. MINI was on the list but we didn't go that route. We weren't ready.

A year and a half ago we went test driving for a second car. My husband had a chance to get a significant job outside the city, and we'd need a second car. MINI and our previous vendor were the top two picks.

Now, my fourth car lease is up in a few months and I either buy that car out or go with something new. Pricing out MINIs, they were well within my price range and of course, lots of customization.

Long story short - as of tonight, we have a downpayment on an Electric Blue Cooper that should arrive in January or February, in time for my lease to end. If weather problems stop cars form arriving until March, in many respects the better for me because of the lease ending in March. Still, sooner means the more fun. :)

The forum helped in figuring out some of the packages that I wasn't sure I needed. In short, we went with everything except for the Style Package, Damper Control, and Driving Assistant. We went with everything else.

I'm paying less for this car than my previous car, and getting way more car, special thanks to dealing - my first time ever negotiating between dealerships.

Looking forward to the new drive and experiences!!

Reactions: miniInBlack

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats! I'm in Toronto as well. Welcome to the club. Hopefully you can enjoy some good driving before the winter/spring pothole season

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm actually looking forward to connecting through the local club. The Snowkyo Drift event looked amazing!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome! Even if you car does arrive in the snow, they are great little winter driving cars too. Today is actually my one year anniversary with my car and I was a little sad how quickly winter arrived after my car did, but I soon appreciated how steady it is in the slippery stuff. Just make sure you get some good snow tires! Although who knows, maybe we will have one of those rare snowless Canadian winters.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And got worked today that my car is locked into the November build. So quick! It sounds like it could be one of the cars made during the first week of November or so. Gut feeling is that shipping is what is going to take the time, and let's hope Halifax doesn't have the snowstorms that plagued last year's models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts