Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted on another related thread, after 6000km (around 3700miles) a warning message appeared telling me that the front pads would need replacement real soon and that I had to book an appointment with my dealer as soon as possible, of course I thought it was ridiculous/impossible and that it was more likely to be a faulty brake pad sensor either way I had to take it to the dealer and get it checked, it turn out to be the sensor and they replaced it under warranty.

Now my question is, what could have damaged the sensor? I wash my car every weekend with a pressure washer, could that be the reason? and for future reference, do any of you guys know where are the sensors allocated?

·
Registered
478 Posts
From the parts diagrams looks like a wire that goes from the calliper/pads, up the front shock and into the body of the car. I suppose its possible something caught it. Its illegal in Germany to wash your car in the street, so pressure washer car washes are very popular in Germany, also all dealers use pressure washers so I doubt its been caused by your uses of one.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Not sure on the f56 which side but the sensor sits in a groove in the pad, at the trailing edge with the wire running up the shock (front) and along the side of the car-rear. not easy to damage them but a pressure washer might through the wheel spokes-if you get under the car you can see the plastic push in part-inserted into the pad. if you dislodged it with high pressure that would create a fault, they're only on one side not both!

Reactions: Jm32
1 - 3 of 3 Posts