Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
first time post as I’m considering buying a 68 plate Mini Cooper d auto with a factory jcw kit fitted in moonstone grey.
anything I should be looking out for

·
Super Moderator
8,216 Posts
The door rub-on the b pillar where rubber above the door lock catch rubs the paint away-apply film! Rear brake pads can wear quickly on the f series but doesn't seem consistent-other than that make sure all the electrics work-and that's about it-they don't rust(any indicates accident damage other than on those door pillars) but fronts do chip easily as do screens. Condition should tell you how its been cared for!

Reactions: LazyLancer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all
first time post as I’m considering buying a 68 plate Mini Cooper d auto with a factory jcw kit fitted in moonstone grey.
anything I should be looking out for
I've had a Cooper D manual for 18 months on 37000 miles, the only thing I've had go wrong is the Drivetrain Malfunction warning come on once which was the EGR valve. The garage cleaned it and I have since used premium diesel and it's been ok for 6 months. I don't think a 68 plate is due a major service for 12 months, they are about £400-£500. Apart from that they're great cars and I do like the jcw kit.
Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.
the model I’m looking at is the 5 door so does the door rub still count.
also the model I’m looking at does not have the button with sport and green on it . Why is this . Sorry I’m very new to the mini scene

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply.
also the model I’m looking at does not have the button with sport and

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
also the model I’m looking at does not have the button with sport and
The sport and green button is an option. I've got those but I haven't got adaptive suspension as that is also an option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts